HOME ·· CINEMAS ·· FORUM ·· LINKS ·· BOOKS
 Contact Cinematour ·· Help & Hints ·· About Cinematour
Cinematour Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Cinematour Forum   » Cinemas and Theatres   » Chino 12 Reopens

Author Topic: Chino 12 Reopens
Christopher Crouch

- posted June 21, 2009 02:29 AM      Profile for Christopher Crouch   Email Christopher Crouch         Edit/Delete Post 
The former SoCal/Movie Experience and Krikorian twelve plex, in Chino, has apparently reopened as the Chino Cinema$aver 12. They look to be operating as a mid run discount ($4.00), but I haven't been able to find any information on who is behind the theatre now or when it reopened.

|  IP: Logged

Jeff Arellano

- posted June 21, 2009 08:55 PM      Profile for Jeff Arellano   Email Jeff Arellano         Edit/Delete Post 
Krikorian is running it apparently. I found this:

http://www.kptmovies.com/locations/location_info.cfm?ID=1

Even though you cannot find the location on the top as a choice. Interesting.

Scott D. Neff
Tour Guide

- posted June 22, 2009 12:03 AM      Profile for Scott D. Neff   Email Scott D. Neff         Edit/Delete Post 
Weren't they the ones that closed it??

Christopher Crouch

- posted June 22, 2009 01:31 AM      Profile for Christopher Crouch   Email Christopher Crouch         Edit/Delete Post 
I wonder if Krikorian reopened it and is trying to operate the theatre as a seperate brand (i.e. they don't list the theatre on their site to avoid mixing discount with their "Premiere" brand); or, if they sublet to someone, who is paying to continue using Krikorian's infrastructure. Then again, the change might be so new that there are still some links and accouts that haven't been turned over.

In any case, it appears Krikorian has officially abandoned their long promoted plans to renovate and upgrade the theatre. I had expected their plans to change after Harkins opened, but I thought the Cinemark would make a discount move and Krikorian would close or limp along as yet another underperforming site in the chain.

Jeff Arellano

- posted June 22, 2009 05:24 PM      Profile for Jeff Arellano   Email Jeff Arellano         Edit/Delete Post 
And this theatre will be the first discount house in the LA area that has stadium seating.

Jeff Arellano

- posted July 05, 2010 09:44 PM      Profile for Jeff Arellano   Email Jeff Arellano         Edit/Delete Post 
So I had felt like going to the theater this week for a cheap film. Apparently they closed down back on the 31st of May.

Christopher Crouch

- posted July 06, 2010 03:24 AM      Profile for Christopher Crouch   Email Christopher Crouch         Edit/Delete Post 
From what I've heard, it's going to be converted in to a sporting goods store.

Bob Allen

- posted July 06, 2010 03:32 PM      Profile for Bob Allen   Email Bob Allen         Edit/Delete Post 
WOW! This brings back memories. The only house I ever owned was in Chino (residence not theatre) and at that time there were only two theatres in Chino - the Chino, a single screener on Central Avenue owned by the Anderson brothers out of Ontario, and a small Mexican theatre in the heart of town. I worked as a relief projectionist for IATSE Local 577 at the Chino.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

© 1995-2013 Vision Entertainment Services. All rights reserved.