CinemaTour
Cinema History Around the World
 HOME ·· CINEMAS ·· FORUM ·· LINKS ·· BOOKS
 Contact Cinematour ·· Help & Hints ·· About Cinematour
Cinematour Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Cinematour Forum   » Cinemas and Theatres   » CGV Cinemas opens in Koreatown, LA

Author Topic: CGV Cinemas opens in Koreatown, LA
Danny Baldwin

- posted June 14, 2010 09:29 PM      Profile for Danny Baldwin   Author's Homepage   Email Danny Baldwin         Edit/Delete Post 
This one clearly opened under the radar... at first I thought the ol MPARK 4 had just changed hands, but turns out this one is at Wilshire/Western, not Wilshire/Vermont. Interestingly enough, it also is sandwiched somewhere in an unassuming mall.

Like the MPARK 4, they'll run English language films w/ Korean subtitles and Korean films with English subtitles. But this brand-new place boasts a whole load of amenities:

- Premium seating
- Assigned seating throughout the theater
- Intimate, community-oriented atmosphere
- Asian films with English subtitles
- English-language films with Korean subtitles
- CGV's unique 3-D films viewing experience
- Excellence in customer service
- Digital projection technology
- Membership program with attractive benefits

Looks pretty cool. Typically I avoid the MPARK 4 because I find English subtitles at the bottom of the screen distracting, but I have been there many times for Korean films like THIRST.

|  IP: Logged

Jeff Arellano

- posted June 15, 2010 10:57 AM      Profile for Jeff Arellano   Email Jeff Arellano         Edit/Delete Post 
Interesting. If you look at Bing Maps Birds eye view to the east, you can see what looks to be a rather large looking theater in the back of the building with stadium seating. This may not be your normal small theater.

I wanna see pictures of this and of the Mpark.

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

© 1995-2013 Vision Entertainment Services. All rights reserved.