Contact Cinematour ·· Help & Hints ·· About Cinematour
Cinematour Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Cinematour Forum   » Cinemas and Theatres   » Old Cinemark 6-Plexes

Author Topic: Old Cinemark 6-Plexes
Scott D. Neff
Tour Guide

- posted May 31, 2009 12:45 AM      Profile for Scott D. Neff   Email Scott D. Neff         Edit/Delete Post 
Having sputtered about the Houston area for a few weeks I've come across some old Cinemarks (obviously Cinemark because of the "Entry" and "Exit" stencils on every door.

The question I have mainly concerns their old "CINEMA 6" locations. I've come across a number of them now that have a snack bar dividing the lobby with entry doors on either side of the box office and restrooms and both ends of the lobby. There are SOO many of these and appear to be from a time that would make them almost impossible for Cinemark to have built. Who built these things? And who sold so many of them to Cinemark back in the 80's?!?

More photos will get posted, but some samples are as follows:
Premiere's Tomball 6 (once a Cinemark)
Alamo's Draft House in Katy, TX
The soon to be Star Cinema 6 in Conroe, TX
Windchime Cinemas - Houston
Bear Creek 6 - Houston
Cinema Latino de Pasadena
Cinemark Cleberne Cinema 6
Cinemark Stephenville Cinema 6
Cinemark Conway Cinema 6

If anybody knows - did Cinemark build these or was this another chain's doing?

|  IP: Logged

Ron Pierce

- posted May 31, 2009 10:18 AM      Profile for Ron Pierce   Email Ron Pierce         Edit/Delete Post 
I think this is the former Cinemark 7 at 15378 Ramonoa Ave. in Victorville. It was supposed to be on Palmdale Road but Ramona Ave. parallels Palmdale Road and is behind it. I think the Ramona Ave. is a newer street. It is now a night club.

-

Adam Martin
Administrator

- posted May 31, 2009 02:41 PM      Profile for Adam Martin   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Martin         Edit/Delete Post 
Cinemark took over Cineplex Corp on 1/1/1987, which appears to have been a Houston-area chain.

Scott D. Neff
Tour Guide

- posted May 31, 2009 10:15 PM      Profile for Scott D. Neff   Email Scott D. Neff         Edit/Delete Post 
Well that's not the exciting answer I was looking for. I don't know anything about that company, but it does make sense, I haven't seen that sort of design outside of Texas.

Now of course I want to know more about Cineplex Corp.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

© 1995-2013 Vision Entertainment Services. All rights reserved.