HOME ·· CINEMAS ·· FORUM ·· LINKS ·· BOOKS
 Contact Cinematour ·· Help & Hints ·· About Cinematour
Cinematour Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Cinematour Forum   » Cinemas and Theatres   » Grand Cinemas Alderwood Closes

Author Topic: Grand Cinemas Alderwood Closes
Mark Campbell

- posted November 11, 2005 09:31 AM      Profile for Mark Campbell   Email Mark Campbell         Edit/Delete Post 
Loews Cineplex has closed the Grand Cinemas Alderwood in Lynnwood, WA. Recently converted to a discount house after Loews opened the Alderwood 16, this was one of the last SRO builds open in the Puget Sound area. The only remaining SRO builds still open are the Uptown and Oak Tree in Seattle, Factoria in Bellevue (all operated by Loews Cineplex) and the Sehome 3 in Bellingham (operated by Regal).

|  IP: Logged

Scott D. Neff
Tour Guide

- posted November 11, 2005 03:50 PM      Profile for Scott D. Neff   Email Scott D. Neff         Edit/Delete Post 
Dammit. Does somebody up there have the connections to go in and get some good pictures now that the place is closed? That complex looked amazingly weird... I'd hate to miss out on documenting that one.

Dave Felthous

- posted November 11, 2005 07:56 PM      Profile for Dave Felthous   Email Dave Felthous         Edit/Delete Post 
Scott, you wouldn't want to waste your time or film. It's a hole. Loews hasn't put any money into it since adding DTS to a couple of screens a number of years ago. Many seats are broken and have garbage bags over them, the presentation sucks. It's no loss, I can assure you.

Matt Lutthans

- posted April 06, 2008 02:09 PM      Profile for Matt Lutthans   Email Matt Lutthans         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, Dave, it did become a hole, but for years, it was a well-run theatre, prior to getting Cineplex-Odeonized. I sent several photos in to Cinematour, but they never got posted. I'll resubmit.

Matt Lutthans
Marysville, WA

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

© 1995-2013 Vision Entertainment Services. All rights reserved.