CinemaTour
Cinema History Around the World
 HOME ·· CINEMAS ·· FORUM ·· LINKS ·· BOOKS
 Contact Cinematour ·· Help & Hints ·· About Cinematour
Cinematour Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Cinematour Forum   » Cinemas and Theatres   » New Theatre Complex in Gig Harbor

Author Topic: New Theatre Complex in Gig Harbor
William Newman

- posted March 08, 2008 03:25 PM      Profile for William Newman   Email William Newman         Edit/Delete Post 
In morning news paper, new GALAXY THEATRE had opened new 10 plex cinema since yesterday.

|  IP: Logged

Dave Felthous

- posted March 08, 2008 05:45 PM      Profile for Dave Felthous   Email Dave Felthous         Edit/Delete Post 
Which is why Regal shuttered its triplex a while back.

Matt Lutthans

- posted April 06, 2008 01:05 PM      Profile for Matt Lutthans   Email Matt Lutthans         Edit/Delete Post 
IIRC, the Gig Harbor 3 was built by the "A Theatre Near You" chain, based for several years in Arlington, WA, just north of my home. Their theatres were cheap with a capital CHEAP. Their Marysville (WA) Twin was a miserable place with cheap seats, bad picture, and bad sound. The only place that was worse around here was the Everett Mall 4-10.

Matt Lutthans
Marysville, WA

Dan Roben

- posted April 06, 2008 05:37 PM      Profile for Dan Roben           Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, Matt...

You're forgetting about the Alderwood 12, the built-within-a-former-supermarket dollar house. I don't think I've ever patronized a more inept operation from the horrible projection to the incredibly awful-sounding mono sound.

And don't bad-mouth those old GCCs. There's a few of us around here that have a soft spot for those bowling alley theaters. [Smile]

Matt Lutthans

- posted April 06, 2008 09:44 PM      Profile for Matt Lutthans   Email Matt Lutthans         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, the Alderwood 12 was pretty darned bad. I'm not sure how much worse it was in terms of the auditoriums than the Everett Mall 4-10 (especially the all-mono auditoriums in 7-10), but yeah, it was pretty bad. No question. The 4-10, though, was FULL PRICE!

The GCCs were definitely their own breed. I'm friends with a couple who worked/managed (I think) the 1-2-3 for a while, and they speak very glowingly about it.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

© 1995-2013 Vision Entertainment Services. All rights reserved.