HOME ·· CINEMAS ·· FORUM ·· LINKS ·· BOOKS
 Contact Cinematour ·· Help & Hints ·· About Cinematour
Cinematour Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Cinematour Forum   » Mystery Cinemas   » lakewood, ca mystery

Author Topic: lakewood, ca mystery
Scott Polidore

- posted July 08, 2010 02:40 PM      Profile for Scott Polidore   Email Scott Polidore         Edit/Delete Post 
ok i used to frequent a theater around 90/93 next to cal bowl in lakewood which is also home to the infamous boardwalk arcade(before they started outlawing "violent" games).

there was a theater there where kohl's stands now and i cannot find any info whatsoever on it. its like it didnt exist and theres very little info on the site if i even have the right address. help me? please?

|  IP: Logged

Chris Utley

- posted July 08, 2010 03:15 PM      Profile for Chris Utley   Author's Homepage   Email Chris Utley         Edit/Delete Post 
Pacific Regency 8? Been there about 3 times.

Scott Polidore

- posted July 08, 2010 04:01 PM      Profile for Scott Polidore   Email Scott Polidore         Edit/Delete Post 
i hope thats it, i remember going to see terminator 2 the day it opened there. so thats about the time frame of its heyday and they really did draw a crowd. im just puzzled why it was gone so fast

Jeff Arellano

- posted July 08, 2010 06:38 PM      Profile for Jeff Arellano   Email Jeff Arellano         Edit/Delete Post 
Yep Pacific Regency 8. I think it closed after the Long Beach Edwards opened

Edward Havens

- posted July 08, 2010 08:48 PM      Profile for Edward Havens   Email Edward Havens         Edit/Delete Post 
I used to TAP that theatre for a spell in the late 1990s.

The first time I ever went to the Regency 8, it was for one of those laserdisc-powered "Choose Your Own Destiny"-type short films. Every seat was wired with a three button joystick, and at the proper prompting, the audience would vote to decide where the story went next. I spent an afternoon there, and I was the only person in the theatre the entire time. Soon thereafter, the interactive movie experience was removed.

Scott Polidore

- posted July 09, 2010 11:19 PM      Profile for Scott Polidore   Email Scott Polidore         Edit/Delete Post 
i swear people in that area dont support anything. its pretty wealthy........so its not like they're hurting for cash

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

© 1995-2013 Vision Entertainment Services. All rights reserved.