HOME ·· CINEMAS ·· FORUM ·· LINKS ·· BOOKS
 Contact Cinematour ·· Help & Hints ·· About Cinematour
Cinematour Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Cinematour Forum   » Mystery Cinemas   » FM 1960 Houston TX

Author Topic: FM 1960 Houston TX
Dan Davidson

- posted January 17, 2010 07:36 PM      Profile for Dan Davidson   Email Dan Davidson         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm trying to figure out what movie theater occupied the large building in the shopping center at 921 FM 1960 Road in Houston, TX. The building is vacant and now located next to Nite Moves, a hip hop club in a pretty bad part of town.

|  IP: Logged

Richard A Stegman Jr

- posted January 18, 2010 12:09 AM      Profile for Richard A Stegman Jr   Email Richard A Stegman Jr         Edit/Delete Post 
I Lived in the Aldine suburb of Houston from May 1977 to March 1979 and the only theatre i remember being on FM 1960 was the old AMC North Oaks 6. A picture would be helpful.

ETA:The location you list,according to Google Maps,seems to be right by George W. Bush Intercontenental Airport,about 25 minutes NE of where i used to live. But,the photo provided when you click the camera icon shows just lots of fields on both sides of the road.

Scott D. Neff
Tour Guide

- posted January 19, 2010 10:19 AM      Profile for Scott D. Neff   Email Scott D. Neff         Edit/Delete Post 
The closest address we have to that is the Willowbrook 6 Cinemas which was a General Cinema theatre which was later operated by AMC Theatres.

I think when I was there I assumed that this theatre was in the mall across from the closed AMC Willowbrook 10 so I didn't look too hard for it. So many times things map crazy when I'm out taking photos... now I need to check this out next time I'm there.

Dan Davidson

- posted January 19, 2010 11:34 AM      Profile for Dan Davidson   Email Dan Davidson         Edit/Delete Post 
I have a couple of photos on my iPhone that are supposedly tagged with the location. I'm trying to figure out how to get that information on the photo. It may not have been a theater, but it looks like it was.

Scott D. Neff
Tour Guide

- posted July 06, 2010 10:11 PM      Profile for Scott D. Neff   Email Scott D. Neff         Edit/Delete Post 
I just drove past that building you posted about and I can see how it could have been a theatre, but I'm guessing it wasn't. Mainly because it doesn't seem to have enough exit doors to support it being a multiplex and if it had been a single at one time (which I imagine it would have to have been with that tall of a ceiling) there doesn't appear to be exit doors for that either.

Interesting though.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

© 1995-2013 Vision Entertainment Services. All rights reserved.