HOME ·· CINEMAS ·· FORUM ·· LINKS ·· BOOKS
 Contact Cinematour ·· Help & Hints ·· About Cinematour
Cinematour Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Cinematour Forum   » Mystery Cinemas   » Royalton MN: Quonset hut cinema

Author Topic: Royalton MN: Quonset hut cinema
Carroll H. Rasch

- posted August 13, 2007 10:55 AM      Profile for Carroll H. Rasch   Email Carroll H. Rasch         Edit/Delete Post 
#________

Name_________ (closed)

209 Centre Street (<----Yes, French Spelling)
Royalton, Minnesota 56373

The owner of the shop in this building said that it had been a cinema and had later become an American Legion Post and then a retail operation. She claimed that the projection booth is still above her cash register area and that there is a good deal of equipment still up there. The booth seems to have an access from the outside above the entry. It is the steel door visible on the outside of the building above the main entry.

Can anyone find any information about this venue? A name would be nice. Delete my other submission on this topic. I needed a workshop in sentence writing and picture uploading.

-

-

- [thumbs up]

|  IP: Logged

Bob Allen

- posted September 06, 2007 08:55 PM      Profile for Bob Allen   Email Bob Allen         Edit/Delete Post 
Quonset huts were used extensively by the military in WWII. After the war exhibitors found they made good theatres until about the mid-fifties when CinemaScope required a wider screen and the quonset huts were not expandable. I've been through Royalton (my wife is a native of Park Rapids) but I don't remember the building. I'd love to see the equipment. Any chance you can get some photos?
Regarding that outside door up top I'd be willing to bet it was to access the readerboard and there are stairs inside somewhere.

[ September 07, 2007, 03:49 PM: Message edited by: Bob Allen ]

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

© 1995-2013 Vision Entertainment Services. All rights reserved.