HOME ·· CINEMAS ·· FORUM ·· LINKS ·· BOOKS
 Contact Cinematour ·· Help & Hints ·· About Cinematour
Cinematour Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Cinematour Forum   » Mystery Cinemas   » Bridgeport, TX

Author Topic: Bridgeport, TX
Lauren Grubb

- posted October 13, 2006 09:24 AM      Profile for Lauren Grubb   Author's Homepage   Email Lauren Grubb         Edit/Delete Post 
I recently visited Bridgeport, TX on business and learned of 2 theaters in town. I took pictures, but the folks I talked to didn't know the names. One is now a little store, but still has the ticket booth. The other is directly across the street and has had a new facade addeded and is now a fine arts center. Anyone have any insight as to the names of these cinemas? The one in the CinemaTour database is the National Theater, but I don't know which one it corresponds to.

|  IP: Logged

Bill Gabel

- posted October 13, 2006 04:36 PM      Profile for Bill Gabel           Edit/Delete Post 
Bridgeport, TX had two theatres the National (250 seats) and the Yates (300 seats).

Lauren Grubb

- posted October 31, 2006 01:30 PM      Profile for Lauren Grubb   Author's Homepage   Email Lauren Grubb         Edit/Delete Post 
Hmm. Well I have pictures of both. The stucco looking theater features a recently added facade.

Mystery Theater 1
Mystery Theater 2

Roger Katz

- posted October 31, 2006 05:33 PM      Profile for Roger Katz   Email Roger Katz         Edit/Delete Post 
The fine arts center (mystery #2) is actually called the Fine Arts Theater. There is currently debate over whether or not to change its name to the Stagecoach Theatre. It was originally a movie theatre called the Arcadia Theatre which is listed in the 1958 FDY as having 288 seats. It is at 1009 Halsell Street.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

© 1995-2013 Vision Entertainment Services. All rights reserved.