Contact Cinematour ·· Help & Hints ·· About Cinematour
Cinematour Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Cinematour Forum   » Mystery Cinemas   » Hobbs NM mystery

Author Topic: Hobbs NM mystery
Adam Martin
Administrator

- posted December 08, 2004 10:09 PM      Profile for Adam Martin   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Martin         Edit/Delete Post 
Scott took this photo at 119 S Shipp St in Hobbs, New Mexico. Was it a theater?

-

|  IP: Logged

Rick Littlejohn

- posted December 19, 2004 08:04 PM      Profile for Rick Littlejohn   Email Rick Littlejohn         Edit/Delete Post 
Adam
Yes this was a theatre. It was the Frontier Theatre.It was run by Commonwealth Theatres until 1/1985, when it was closed after they opened the first multi-plex in Hobbs. It was about 1000 seats in the auditoriums including a balcony.
Rick

Scott D. Neff
Tour Guide

- posted December 20, 2004 01:19 PM      Profile for Scott D. Neff   Email Scott D. Neff         Edit/Delete Post 
Are there any more theatres downtown that I should've taken pictures of but didn't because they no longer resemble anything large and theatrey?

Brad Light

- posted January 06, 2005 06:08 PM      Profile for Brad Light   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Light         Edit/Delete Post 
The Frontier suffered the fate of being remodeled into an apartment complex. At the same time in Carlsbad, NM the Cavern just sat and sat and is still sitting, in pretty good shape. Both Hobbs and Carlsbad got new triplexes in about 1984. Hobbs' has been expanded to 7 screens and from what I hear it is very nice. Carlsbad's Mall Cinema is a disaster.

Roger Katz

- posted September 16, 2009 06:12 PM      Profile for Roger Katz   Email Roger Katz         Edit/Delete Post 
Added theatre to the database, just needs the photo.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

© 1995-2013 Vision Entertainment Services. All rights reserved.