Contact Cinematour ·· Help & Hints ·· About Cinematour
Cinematour Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Cinematour Forum   » Mystery Cinemas   » Fox River Grove IL mystery

Author Topic: Fox River Grove IL mystery
Adam Martin
Administrator

- posted June 09, 2003 10:30 PM      Profile for Adam Martin   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Martin         Edit/Delete Post 
Driving from Crystal Lake to Lake Zurich on Highway 14, we noticed this building in Fox River Grove and had to stop and check it out. It's now "The Escape" Bar and Cajun Grill, located at 310 Northwest Highway.

Anyone have any notion whether or not this was a theater?

-

|  IP: Logged

Roger Katz

- posted June 10, 2003 03:36 AM      Profile for Roger Katz   Email Roger Katz         Edit/Delete Post 
The Grove Theater in Fox River Grove, IL opened in 1923 and closed in 1957. Is this it? I have no address so I can't be sure, but I would bet it is.

Charlton F. Quinn

- posted February 16, 2006 02:42 PM      Profile for Charlton F. Quinn   Email Charlton F. Quinn         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes it was an old theater and it's actually in Crystal Lake, IL.

Scott D. Neff
Tour Guide

- posted February 19, 2006 07:51 AM      Profile for Scott D. Neff   Email Scott D. Neff         Edit/Delete Post 
But what was the name of this old theatre?

John Pitt

- posted July 09, 2006 01:56 PM      Profile for John Pitt   Email John Pitt         Edit/Delete Post 
This theatre was in fact located in Fox River Grove, IL. I attended films there during the summer of 1940 while attending The Turner Summer Camp which is still in business just south of Fox River Grove on the Fox River.
The theatre was located just across the street from the Chicago and Northwestern Rail Road station. The station was replaced many years ago and is now a stop on the Chicago to Harvard, IL Metra line.

Regards,

John Pitt

Bill Gabel

- posted July 10, 2006 06:48 PM      Profile for Bill Gabel           Edit/Delete Post 
If it was the Grove Theatre it once seated 425 people.

Roger Katz

- posted September 16, 2009 05:52 PM      Profile for Roger Katz   Email Roger Katz         Edit/Delete Post 
Mystery solved. This was definitely the Grove Theatre.

http://cinematreasures.org/theater/12091/

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

© 1995-2013 Vision Entertainment Services. All rights reserved.