Contact Cinematour ·· Help & Hints ·· About Cinematour
Cinematour Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Cinematour Forum   » Mystery Cinemas   » Lincoln, NE: MYSTERY SOLVED

Author Topic: Lincoln, NE: MYSTERY SOLVED
Adam Martin
Administrator

- posted May 30, 2003 10:14 PM      Profile for Adam Martin   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Martin         Edit/Delete Post 
Scott Neff took these photos in Lincoln NE. He didn't even tell me where he was in Lincoln when he took them. Maybe he can give details when he gets back from Portland.

-

-

|  IP: Logged

Paul Linfesty

- posted May 31, 2003 07:12 AM      Profile for Paul Linfesty   Email Paul Linfesty         Edit/Delete Post 
Yep. It sure looks like a mystery to me. I guess the photographer will have to be the one to answer it.

Scott D. Neff
Tour Guide

- posted June 03, 2003 11:19 AM      Profile for Scott D. Neff   Email Scott D. Neff         Edit/Delete Post 
Man alive I was in Lincoln like a year and a half ago...

I think this was north of Downtown Lincoln on my way to take pictures of the Douglas Eastpark.

Dunno.

John Schmidt

- posted May 01, 2004 08:31 PM      Profile for John Schmidt   Email John Schmidt         Edit/Delete Post 
This may be the remains of the Cooper 70 which was just west of 56th and O. This beautiful house was bult in the early 70's as a single screen large (800+) seat house. It was then turned into a twin and was closed the last time I knew anything about it.

Scott D. Neff
Tour Guide

- posted May 05, 2004 03:52 PM      Profile for Scott D. Neff   Email Scott D. Neff         Edit/Delete Post 
Oddly enough, that sounds about right.

Scott D. Neff
Tour Guide

- posted October 11, 2005 07:59 PM      Profile for Scott D. Neff   Email Scott D. Neff         Edit/Delete Post 
And yes -- thanks to the marvels of Google Earth, I pin-pointed the building, and it so happens to be just west of 56th on O.

MYSTERY SOLVED!

Michael Coate

- posted September 08, 2006 10:12 PM      Profile for Michael Coate   Email Michael Coate         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
This beautiful house was bult in the early 70's
The Cooper/Lincoln opened in May 1967.

According to publicity at the time of its opening, the theater sat 810, had a parking lot that could accommodate 300 vehicles, was the first 70mm-equipped venue in the city of Lincoln, and featured "multi-track theatre stereo of unusually fine fideltity." The debut attraction was "The Sound Of Music".

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

© 1995-2013 Vision Entertainment Services. All rights reserved.