CinemaTour
Cinema History Around the World
 HOME ·· CINEMAS ·· FORUM ·· LINKS ·· BOOKS
 Contact Cinematour ·· Help & Hints ·· About Cinematour
Cinematour Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Cinematour Forum   » Mystery Cinemas   » Los Angeles (Hollywood), CA MYSTERY SOLVED (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Los Angeles (Hollywood), CA MYSTERY SOLVED
Adam Martin
Administrator

- posted May 05, 2003 11:10 PM      Profile for Adam Martin   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Martin         Edit/Delete Post 
This theater is located in Hollywood (barely) at the intersection of Mohawk Street and West Sunset Blvd. The address should be slightly less than 2145 W Sunset, which is on the building to the left.

-

|  IP: Logged

Roger Katz

- posted May 06, 2003 03:22 AM      Profile for Roger Katz   Email Roger Katz         Edit/Delete Post 
That would be the Ramona Theatre at 2139 Sunset Boulevard. You even have it listed in the database already. [Big Grin]

I'm going to stop solving your mysteries if you don't post my Connecticut and New York photos that have been sitting in your inbox for a month now. [Razz]

[ May 06, 2003, 01:08 PM: Message edited by: Roger Katz ]

Bill Gabel

- posted May 06, 2003 06:59 AM      Profile for Bill Gabel           Edit/Delete Post 
That's the Ramona Theatre, later it was called the estudio 1 Theatre. It seated 500 people. It's in Los Angeles in the Echo Park area. Hollywood doesn't go that far east.

[ May 15, 2003, 12:15 PM: Message edited by: Bill Gabel ]

Adam Martin
Administrator

- posted May 06, 2003 10:53 AM      Profile for Adam Martin   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Martin         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks guys! I was working off of a map, so I didn't see it was in the database. Why it didn't plot on the map ... who knows.

What would the boundaries of Echo Park be? That neighborhood name doesn't show up in the mapping software and there are a couple of other theaters in the area that should probably be changed. I would guess Hollywood ends where Santa Monica meets Sunset, with the other three sides of Echo Park being the 101, the 5, and the 110?

And what is up with the Earl Carroll Theatre? The address of 2646 W Sunset doesn't seem to be correct. That's near Rampart Blvd in Echo Park and we didn't see anything resembling anything there.

Daniel Fuentz

- posted May 06, 2003 01:35 PM      Profile for Daniel Fuentz   Email Daniel Fuentz         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, Roger, don't feel bad -- Some of the pictures I sent in have been going on 3 months. Then, last month, they came here and re-took picures of cinemas I had already sent in! At least they haven't done that to you! [Big Grin]

Scott D. Neff
Tour Guide

- posted May 06, 2003 01:44 PM      Profile for Scott D. Neff   Email Scott D. Neff         Edit/Delete Post 
And really don't feel bad. I had taken pictures of some of the stuff around New Haven and your pics beat mine onto the site.

And don't get me started about Bob Meza's pictures... grr.

Bill Gabel

- posted May 06, 2003 01:53 PM      Profile for Bill Gabel           Edit/Delete Post 
Who gave you that address??? You are way OFF course. [Eek!]
The Earl Carroll Theatre is located at Sunset Blvd. and Argyle Ave.. Next I must ask why are you taking pictures of non-movie
theatres???? [Smile] The Earl Carroll Theatre was a night club, not a movie theatre. It is used as a stage for Nickelodeon in Hollywood. OK here is a site that has a postcard of the Earl Carroll. Argyle is about a block from Vine Street going east.
Earl Carroll had a theatre here in New York, that was a theatre.

www.nocturne.com/rack/tour/04_hollyearl_night.html

Its under night spots. [Smile]

Scott or Adam talking about Bob Mesa pictures.
The site still has the wrong picture for the World Theatre on Hollywood Blvd. Bob took a picture of the X Theatre. Which is
the next building going east on Hollywood Blvd. The World Theatre's address is 6021 Hollywood Blvd.

You guys let me know when you are going back to Los Angeles.
So I can show what you need to see.

COMING SOON ADAM and SCOTT in
"SEARCH OF MISSING THEATRES" Part II The LA Connection

Adam Martin
Administrator

- posted May 06, 2003 05:39 PM      Profile for Adam Martin   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Martin         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, we don't really have plans for this weekend ...

But I don't think Scott can go two weeks without Chick-fil-A. And I don't think I can take another Saturday night being out until four a.m. for a while. [Uh-oh]

"the lavish stage production with "Sixty of the Most Beautiful Girls in the World."" Ah. Where the confusion begins. [Smile] I'll have to non-display that one in the listings along with all those Drive-In restaurants. [Big Grin]

Roger Katz

- posted May 06, 2003 05:48 PM      Profile for Roger Katz   Email Roger Katz         Edit/Delete Post 
Daniel, they can't come here and take photos of ones I have already sent in. We don't have Chick-Fil-A in the northeast. [Smile]

Daniel Fuentz

- posted May 06, 2003 06:06 PM      Profile for Daniel Fuentz   Email Daniel Fuentz         Edit/Delete Post 
...we haven't got Chick-Fil-A here, either!! [Big Grin]

Daryl C. W. O'Shea
Administrator

- posted May 06, 2003 08:16 PM      Profile for Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Email Daryl C. W. O'Shea         Edit/Delete Post 
Ah stop your complaining! Adam hasn't even added the theatres in Grenada that I told him about in December, let alone do anything with the pics. And to think he was all happy because he didn't have any theatres for that country yet! [Razz]

Daniel Fuentz

- posted May 06, 2003 09:34 PM      Profile for Daniel Fuentz   Email Daniel Fuentz         Edit/Delete Post 
OK, so you win. [Big Grin]

Bill Gabel

- posted May 07, 2003 07:15 AM      Profile for Bill Gabel           Edit/Delete Post 
Here is your guide to finding those Chick-Fil-A's that Scott keeps talking about. [Big Grin]

http://www.chickfila.com/home.asp

Happy Eating [Rolling on Floor Laughing] [Rolling on Floor Laughing] [Rolling on Floor Laughing] [Rolling on Floor Laughing] [Rolling on Floor Laughing]

Daniel Fuentz

- posted May 07, 2003 05:15 PM      Profile for Daniel Fuentz   Email Daniel Fuentz         Edit/Delete Post 
Scott is going to start his own website: "Chick-Fil-ATour.com"!! [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Paul Linfesty

- posted May 11, 2003 07:42 PM      Profile for Paul Linfesty   Email Paul Linfesty         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
And don't get me started about Bob Meza's pictures... grr.
That seems like a pretty snippy statement. After all, he has made many contributions to this website. Is that the way to encourage people to contribute?

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

© 1995-2013 Vision Entertainment Services. All rights reserved.