HOME ·· CINEMAS ·· FORUM ·· LINKS ·· BOOKS
 Contact Cinematour ·· Help & Hints ·· About Cinematour
Cinematour Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Cinematour Forum   » Cinema Marketplace   » Wanting to buy a theater

Author Topic: Wanting to buy a theater
Jon Van Dyke

- posted December 21, 2004 07:01 AM      Profile for Jon Van Dyke   Email Jon Van Dyke         Edit/Delete Post 
Hello,
I am looking for help and advice on the purchasing and operating of a small theater. I don't have a ton of cash to spend or the skill to rebuild anything so am looking for one in decent shape in a cool small film savy town. Ideally, northern california, oregon or washington but am open to anywhere. Any help wopuld be great. Probably will not be buying until the summer of 05.
Thanks
Jon

|  IP: Logged

Mike Olpin

- posted December 21, 2004 03:31 PM      Profile for Mike Olpin   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Olpin         Edit/Delete Post 
I've heard through the grape vine that the Pacific Trolley 8's lease ends in 2006, and Pacific has no plans of renewing the contract. Right now the numbers are not looking good, however I believe that the theatre could be revitalized with a small amount of maintanace and perhaps a very minor renovation. It would make a wonderfull dollar house. With a slightly more extensive renovation, I believe that it could be a profitable first run.

Theatre is located in La Mesa, a suburb of San Diego.

Richard A Stegman Jr

- posted December 22, 2004 04:27 PM      Profile for Richard A Stegman Jr   Email Richard A Stegman Jr         Edit/Delete Post 
The old GCC Rancho 6 building in Colton California,in San Bernardino County,northeast of Los Angeles is still standing. six years after it closed due to GCC's bankruptcy and subsequent merging with AMC theatres.

According to a friend who wanted to buy it and turn into an art house theatre,It's in pretty bad shape and needs a complete makeover on the inside.

But it would be worth it!

It's easy to spot going south on the I-15

Ken Layton

- posted December 23, 2004 08:51 AM      Profile for Ken Layton   Email Ken Layton         Edit/Delete Post 
Redwood 4 Cinemas in Bremerton, Washington. Here's the real estate link:

http://www.fwp-inc.com/search/individualLease.php?CBA=27815

Contact Lisa Tallman (253) 471-5504 at First Western Properties

Jon Van Dyke

- posted December 24, 2004 08:29 AM      Profile for Jon Van Dyke   Email Jon Van Dyke         Edit/Delete Post 
To Mike, Richard and Ken, Thanks so much for the tips. I should add that I will probably only be able to spend, or should I say get a loan for, between 3 and 4 hundred thousnd dollars. California seems to be too expensive and as I continue to gain info and knowledge about what I am looking for, I think I am more interested in a two theater, sort of old style place with a residence attached, if at all possible, in some sort of cool small town where people actually would walk to the theater. Does that sound even remotley possible? [Big Grin] Thanks again for the replys. Do any of you guys actually own theaters like I am describing? I have found 2 theaters like the ones I am looking for in Canada for under 3. I am a film animal trainer for the last 20 years, and am trying to set up my retirement [many years away hopefully]. Anyway, thanks again and have a great Christmas.
Jon

Ken Layton

- posted December 24, 2004 08:21 PM      Profile for Ken Layton   Email Ken Layton         Edit/Delete Post 
You could try the single screen Skyline Drive-in theater in Shelton, Wash. It has an apartment next to the projection booth and there is a single wide mobile home on the property. I believe the price is $600,000.

The Redwood Cinemas I mentioned is a 4 screen indoor that's for lease.

By chance do you know Sid Yost? He was the animal trainer on Critter Gitters (filmed in Santa Barbara at Tom Moyer's estate).

Jon Van Dyke

- posted December 28, 2004 05:15 PM      Profile for Jon Van Dyke   Email Jon Van Dyke         Edit/Delete Post 
Ken,
thanks again for the info. A drive in doesn't sound too good. I am familiar with Sid but have never met him. I have never heard of Critter Gitters. What is that? A film or TV show?
J

Ken Layton

- posted December 28, 2004 09:07 PM      Profile for Ken Layton   Email Ken Layton         Edit/Delete Post 
Critter Gitters is a live action children's tv program. Sid Yost supplies all the animals on the show. I have been a crew member of the show. I believe Critter Gitters is playing on KNBC.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

© 1995-2013 Vision Entertainment Services. All rights reserved.