HOME ·· CINEMAS ·· FORUM ·· LINKS ·· BOOKS
 Contact Cinematour ·· Help & Hints ·· About Cinematour
Cinematour Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Cinematour Forum   » Cinema Yak   » Cinema Construction

Author Topic: Cinema Construction
Steve Culp

- posted October 12, 2010 08:02 AM      Profile for Steve Culp   Email Steve Culp         Edit/Delete Post 
For anybody interested in Cinema remodeling
check out my blog @ themeconsuper.blogspot.com
I am currently working on a project involves
raising the ceiling and stadium seating to
accomadate a new large screen format. Also on
my blog are other projects such as retrofitting
stadium seating over sloped floors etc.
I welcome comments and questions. I know this is
a little different subject for cinema tour, but I
think you might find it interesting.
Steve

|  IP: Logged

John J. Fink

- posted October 13, 2010 06:09 PM      Profile for John J. Fink   Author's Homepage   Email John J. Fink         Edit/Delete Post 
Great pics - also nice to know that Carmike's Big D instillations are actually raising roofs I take it, verses cramming in a slightly larger screen closer to the audience.

Steve Culp

- posted October 14, 2010 06:14 AM      Profile for Steve Culp   Email Steve Culp         Edit/Delete Post 
We are just raising the ceiling grid in
front of the screen, not the roof. The
new ceiling height is 40'4".
Steve

Mark Lensenmayer

- posted October 16, 2010 06:10 AM      Profile for Mark Lensenmayer   Email Mark Lensenmayer         Edit/Delete Post 
Steve,

The old Cinemark you worked on in Columbus was built right on the edge of the stadium seating era. I believe they wanted stadium seating there from the beginning. The screens were installed higher than a standard sloped floor installation so it would look correct when the stadium seats went in. A similar stadium upgrade took place at a Cinemark on the east side of Columbus many years ago.

I'll get out west soon and check out the upgrade...it is now all digital, also. They have a large banner on the side of the theatre advertising the stadium seats and digital projection.

Steve Culp

- posted October 17, 2010 09:28 AM      Profile for Steve Culp   Email Steve Culp         Edit/Delete Post 
Mark that would be cool if you
went over and check out the retrofit.
It is the most reasonable priced
cinema I have seen in recent memory.

Steve Culp

- posted October 27, 2010 05:43 AM      Profile for Steve Culp   Email Steve Culp         Edit/Delete Post 
I have downloaded more pictures including
raising the stadium seating. This job has
lot of bang for the buck.

Mark Lensenmayer

- posted November 01, 2010 07:01 PM      Profile for Mark Lensenmayer   Email Mark Lensenmayer         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I checked out the stadium upgrade. What a terrific change in the Movies 10. Went there to see RED and just loved the new seating and seating arrangements. Chairs are extremely comfortable, and getting around was very easy. That and a senior price (which I didn't ask for but got anyway) of $4.50 for an evening weeknight show, and it could become one of my regular theatres. Great job, Steve. That theatre was sort of a dump until now. I looked into a number of rooms and they all looked great, especially the largest one. Seeing a picture in there should be a lot of fun.

Steve Culp

- posted November 13, 2010 07:07 AM      Profile for Steve Culp   Email Steve Culp         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Mark. I am almost thru with my
current project and should be headed
to a ground up restaurant style movie
theater before Christmas. These open
remodels are pressure packed stressful
jobs, it will be nice not to worry
about patrons, fire alarms etc.

Steve Culp

- posted November 13, 2010 03:33 PM      Profile for Steve Culp   Email Steve Culp         Edit/Delete Post 
By the way Mark what did you think of RED?
I really enjoyed it, a lot of actors I
grew up watching, John Malkovich had
me in stitches.

Mark Lensenmayer

- posted November 17, 2010 03:18 PM      Profile for Mark Lensenmayer   Email Mark Lensenmayer         Edit/Delete Post 
Regarding RED, I saw it with 3 other retired folks. We all loved it. We decided that we want to be known as Retired and Extremely Dangerous.

Film is fun, nothing very deep. Helen Mirren looks very stylish while blasting on that gun. It's also fun to watch Malkovich in the background...he does some very funny things.

Worth seeing at a discount.

Steve Culp

- posted February 26, 2011 05:14 AM      Profile for Steve Culp   Email Steve Culp         Edit/Delete Post 
I am now building a dinner theater
near Philly with a bar and table
side service.
Steve

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

© 1995-2013 Vision Entertainment Services. All rights reserved.