CinemaTour
Cinema History Around the World
 HOME ·· CINEMAS ·· FORUM ·· LINKS ·· BOOKS
 Contact Cinematour ·· Help & Hints ·· About Cinematour
Cinematour Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Cinematour Forum   » Cinema Yak   » "Shhh!" (Meeting a movie star)

Author Topic: "Shhh!" (Meeting a movie star)
Roger Chinnici

- posted April 20, 2008 10:37 AM      Profile for Roger Chinnici   Email Roger Chinnici         Edit/Delete Post 
When I served as District Manager for Mid-America Theaters back in the 70's I compiled a treasure trove of photos from promotions done by my managers in each of their theaters. Sadly, like wedding photos after a divorce, only a few remain and they will be hard to find but I'll gather the few I can find. Truly, a couple of my favorites were taken in front of and around the Brentwood Theater in St. Louis, Mo. during the run of a silly film called "Shhhh!" One of the cast made a personal appearance there. His name was Robert Sacchi. To this day he may be the most realistic double for Humphrey Bogart. He made several TV ads in character for different products as well as making films. At any rate, I had/have a couple of photos of he and I having a drink a local Algerian looking restaurant while he wore the outfit from Casablanca. The trench coat, hat, tux...everything. The clients their were flabbergasted especially the older ones who thought they were going nuts, caught in a time warp. It was hilarious. He played it to the max and never let on being with the film. What a guy.

I have many recollections that are dear to me like that one but are probably a bore to others but maybe it gave you a laugh as it did for me back then.

Roger Chinnici
4/20/2008

|  IP: Logged

Chris Utley

- posted April 20, 2008 04:02 PM      Profile for Chris Utley   Author's Homepage   Email Chris Utley         Edit/Delete Post 
Dying to hear that Thunderbird Drive-In horror story you were telling me about when we were playing email tag. I wonder of some of my family members were involved in the drama you had to deal with. After all, the place was smack dab in the middle of "the hood".

Roger Chinnici

- posted April 21, 2008 06:48 AM      Profile for Roger Chinnici   Email Roger Chinnici         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm sure YOU know what "The Mix" was. My short stay at the T-Bird gave me my introduction to "The Mix". Maybe some others from our area can post their best guesses as to what "The Mix" was/is. It should be interesting to see what kind of guesses come from this question......unless.....everyone guesses correctly. Was "The Mix" only something local or was it more wide spread? Maybe we'll find out.

Chris Utley

- posted April 21, 2008 08:30 AM      Profile for Chris Utley   Author's Homepage   Email Chris Utley         Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry, but I'm only in my mid-30's. I'm fairly certain that the times I went to the T-Bird I was between the ages of 0-3 years old. So, no, I don't know what "The Mix" is...

...unless you're talking about the White Castle mash-up between Coca-Cola & Orange soda. That's the only "Mix" that I know.

Roger Chinnici

- posted April 22, 2008 07:29 AM      Profile for Roger Chinnici   Email Roger Chinnici         Edit/Delete Post 
BINGO!!!!!!!!! Wisdom beyond your years.

Chris Utley

- posted April 22, 2008 08:42 AM      Profile for Chris Utley   Author's Homepage   Email Chris Utley         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah...it dawned on me right as I was typing the end of my thread that you were probably referring to the legendary White Castle "Mix". Those were the good old days when White Castle used to put cheese slices on their fries to create "cheese fries" as opposed to the cruddy Velveeta substitute that they use today.

Anyhoo...bring on the war stories!

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

© 1995-2013 Vision Entertainment Services. All rights reserved.