Contact Cinematour ·· Help & Hints ·· About Cinematour
Cinematour Forum
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | my password | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Cinematour Forum   » Cinema Yak   » Allow Me to Introduce Myself

Author Topic: Allow Me to Introduce Myself
Roger Chinnici

- posted April 05, 2008 04:29 PM      Profile for Roger Chinnici   Email Roger Chinnici         Edit/Delete Post 
Finding this site was something I had not counted on. It's full of things that are of interest to me as theater operation was a huge part of my life from about the early 1960's to 1977. My career in movies houses began as an usher at the Avalon Theater in St. Louis Missouri on South Kingshighway Blvd. at the age of 12 or 13. I was a relief manager for Arthur Enterprises for several years and was even asked to leave Arthur Enterprises and go with General Cinema during a clandestine lunch with General's District Manager. I wound up relieving at almost every Arthur Cinema but wound up working the majority of my career for Mid America Theaters owned by the Jablonows. I began managing for them at the Towne Theater and ended my managing career at their Esquire Theater during it's time as a triple. I then was a District Manager for them for several years in charge of about 12 different theaters. I left in 1977 due to too long of hours and too low of pay. What I have retained, however, is enough memories to sink a battleship.
If anyone here is from that era in St. Louis and wants to swap stories, then I'm sure good for at least a few. On the other hand, if all this is just a bore then I'll be aware of it by the lack of responses. If you have anything to share I'd like to hear it, whether from a boss, co-worker or employee!

|  IP: Logged

Adam Martin
Administrator

- posted April 05, 2008 04:55 PM      Profile for Adam Martin   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Martin         Edit/Delete Post 
See also this thread. [Smile]

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central  
   Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

© 1995-2013 Vision Entertainment Services. All rights reserved.