HOME ·· CINEMAS ·· FORUM ·· LINKS ·· BOOKS
 Contact Cinematour ·· Help & Hints ·· About Cinematour
Cinematour Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Cinematour Forum   » Cinema Yak   » Oddest Marriage of Film And Venue

Author Topic: Oddest Marriage of Film And Venue
Christopher Crouch

- posted February 03, 2008 04:04 AM      Profile for Christopher Crouch   Email Christopher Crouch         Edit/Delete Post 
While not a public screening, nor involving an acual cinema, this has to be one of the oddest marriages of film and venue.

Browsing through some old newspaper articles, I stumbled across a piece on the second City of Santa Ana vs. The Mitchell Brothers obscenity hearings (involving the old UA Santa Ana/Mitchell Brothers Theatre). For the second hearing, in 1978, Knott's Berry Farms' Independence Hall building was utilized to screen eight adult films for the court (the court also paid to outfit the venue with needed equipment). While it almost seems befitting for a free speech case to involve a replica of Independence Hall, one has to chuckle at the idea of family oriented amusement park, Knott's Berry Farm, holding an adult film festival, of sorts (at least it didn't take place in their "Good Times Theater").

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

© 1995-2013 Vision Entertainment Services. All rights reserved.