CinemaTour
Cinema History Around the World
 HOME ·· CINEMAS ·· FORUM ·· LINKS ·· BOOKS
 Contact Cinematour ·· Help & Hints ·· About Cinematour
Cinematour Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Cinematour Forum   » Cinema Yak   » where can I know where test screenings are conducted around my area?

Author Topic: where can I know where test screenings are conducted around my area?
David Velesaca

- posted October 11, 2005 03:51 PM      Profile for David Velesaca   Email David Velesaca         Edit/Delete Post 
where can I know where test screenings are conducted around my area?(nyc)and where can i with hold this information?

|  IP: Logged

Bill Gabel

- posted October 12, 2005 07:50 AM      Profile for Bill Gabel           Edit/Delete Post 
What type of test screening? Market Research

Chris Utley

- posted October 12, 2005 08:47 AM      Profile for Chris Utley   Author's Homepage   Email Chris Utley         Edit/Delete Post 
Test screenings are all about being at the right place at the right time and being nosy enough to ask why the folks are passing out those green and yellow sheets to folks in front of your friendly neighborhood movie theatre. That's usually how it works. I've been to dozens of them over the last 10 years. All of them have been the result of luck, time and chance...and nosyness, of course.

[ October 12, 2005, 02:52 PM: Message edited by: Chris Utley ]

Scott D. Neff
Tour Guide

- posted October 12, 2005 09:07 AM      Profile for Scott D. Neff   Email Scott D. Neff         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes -- and if Adam let me moderate -- I'd have moved it there. [Roll Eyes]

Bill Gabel

- posted October 12, 2005 10:30 AM      Profile for Bill Gabel           Edit/Delete Post 
They use the Regal Union Square and the Loews 19th Street Theatres alot in Manhattan.

George Gates

- posted October 12, 2005 10:40 AM      Profile for George Gates           Edit/Delete Post 
Many people are on mailing lists for such screenings. Next time the people in front of you get a questionaire, ask the person handing them out how to get on the list. They'll point out the person in charge who'll probably be happy to add you to the mailing.

[Wink] he says to Chris Utley, and awaits the "thank you for giving me a clue."

Chris Utley

- posted October 12, 2005 02:55 PM      Profile for Chris Utley   Author's Homepage   Email Chris Utley         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow...there are test screening mailing lists in RI? Interesting. Here in LA/OC, it's all word of mouth.

BTW...I deleted that CinemaYak comment since the topic is now in the right place. [LOL]

George Gates

- posted October 14, 2005 12:42 PM      Profile for George Gates           Edit/Delete Post 
I haven't been to a test screening since I moved to Rhode Island. I just thought you might like to know that it isn't pure luck for most people to see films in advance of opening, for free.
ps...the screenings are always held in theatres with large screens. [Wink]

Jim Rankin
(Jim passed away in December 2006)

- posted October 15, 2005 01:21 PM      Profile for Jim Rankin   Email Jim Rankin         Edit/Delete Post 
During one holiday season about 15 years ago, some group had a 'Give the movie makers your imput' or some such come-on, and I had time to kill at the Southridge mall outside of Milwaukee, so I took their interview, and a few months later I received a mailed invite for me and a friend to preview a movie in the screening room under the main lobby floor of the former Warner (now the closed Grand) here. I went once, but then got a phone call from some woman asking a slew of questions about the movie, and I said that I didn't want to participate in such calls, and she said "fine" and hung up. I never received another invitation! I guess there really is 'no free lunch.'

John J. Fink

- posted January 15, 2006 08:32 PM      Profile for John J. Fink   Author's Homepage   Email John J. Fink         Edit/Delete Post 
If you go to www.movie-view.com you can register there for an e-mail invite to upcoming test screenings in your area. In Northern NJ test screens are frequent and held ussualy in Wayne, Secacus, Edgewater and Ridgefield Park.

Movie View/NRG is the national group that runs these test screenings, but those e-mail invites are ussually for when they didn't hand out enough flyers and are scrambling to fill the house.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

© 1995-2013 Vision Entertainment Services. All rights reserved.