CinemaTour
Cinema History Around the World
 HOME ·· CINEMAS ·· FORUM ·· LINKS ·· BOOKS
 Contact Cinematour ·· Help & Hints ·· About Cinematour
Cinematour Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Cinematour Forum   » Cinema Yak   » GCC Trailer (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: GCC Trailer
Richard A Stegman Jr

- posted March 15, 2006 10:35 AM      Profile for Richard A Stegman Jr   Email Richard A Stegman Jr         Edit/Delete Post 
:dies happy: It's Houston Texas and the Greenspoint Mall 5,circa 1977,all over again.....le sigh...

|  IP: Logged

Mark Richey

- posted March 16, 2006 07:07 AM      Profile for Mark Richey   Author's Homepage   Email Mark Richey         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow...that may be the first time I've seen that since the Summer of 1984, when my mom took me to see The Jungle Book at Valley View 1&2 (I think...might have been Richardson Square 1-3). The next time I went to a GCC, they had changed it, much to my disappointment, since I liked the rotating circles.

Mark Campbell

- posted March 23, 2007 11:01 PM      Profile for Mark Campbell   Email Mark Campbell         Edit/Delete Post 
Recent GCC policy trailers posted!:

From the 70's(?) plain blue background:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5sWoiCIlVwY

Another from the 80's on FilmTech (along with the kaleidascope one we have all seen):
http://www.film-tech.com/
Look under "Videos" if it is not in the recent warehouse additions any longer.

Mark Richey

- posted April 05, 2007 10:57 AM      Profile for Mark Richey   Author's Homepage   Email Mark Richey         Edit/Delete Post 
Did they go from the kaleidoscope to the somewhat better-edited moving blue background one (no car honks in the moving blue one, and the beams of light fading to reveal the words looks better than the constant stream of words and dots coming out of the projector), or did they use them simultaneously? And, if they did replace one with the other, when did they do that? I'm wondering if the moving blue one was the one I saw at that 1984 screening of The Jungle Book.

Mark Campbell

- posted April 05, 2007 11:15 AM      Profile for Mark Campbell   Email Mark Campbell         Edit/Delete Post 
I think the order is:

Plain blue one (on Youtube link above) Followed by...

Purple Kaliedascope. Followed by...

Blue with animated beams creating words (Film Tech link above). Followed by...

Clouds turning into starfield (ILM created this in one 1986). Followed by...

Candy Band

Bud Frankel

- posted August 29, 2011 12:48 AM      Profile for Bud Frankel   Email Bud Frankel         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi everyone,

Still looking for this General Cinema Trailer from 1977 that everyone above in the post is talking about.

Anyone with information on finding a hi-res copy in Quicktime format would be great. All I can find is FLASH files.
Please contact me on this post.

Thanks in advance,
Bud [Smile]

Bud Frankel

- posted March 25, 2012 01:41 PM      Profile for Bud Frankel   Email Bud Frankel         Edit/Delete Post 
It's been 7 months and nothing yet, anybody?
Gcc trailers 70's?

Bud Frankel

- posted March 27, 2012 10:24 PM      Profile for Bud Frankel   Email Bud Frankel         Edit/Delete Post 
Ok,
I have chipotle gift card if that would help?
In return for GCC trailers from the 70's in Hi_res quicktime files.
 -

Chris Utley

- posted March 31, 2012 10:45 PM      Profile for Chris Utley   Author's Homepage   Email Chris Utley         Edit/Delete Post 
You Tube! Anything that's ever been put online or created is on You Tube. [Smile]

Bud Frankel

- posted April 01, 2012 09:03 PM      Profile for Bud Frankel   Email Bud Frankel         Edit/Delete Post 
I know but, i am looking for Hi-Res Quicktime files, which I am sure most if not all the you tube files once were then converted Down to very lo-res Flash Files so they could be viewed on you tube.
Files were out there but pulled or the links are long dead.
Thanks for the reply, you are the first in many a month.

Still looking, anyone?

Scott D. Neff
Tour Guide

- posted April 03, 2012 09:56 AM      Profile for Scott D. Neff   Email Scott D. Neff         Edit/Delete Post 
E-mail Brad Miller at Film-Tech. He did the conversion of some of these to begin with. He may be able to help.

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

© 1995-2013 Vision Entertainment Services. All rights reserved.