CinemaTour
Cinema History Around the World
 HOME ·· CINEMAS ·· FORUM ·· LINKS ·· BOOKS
 Contact Cinematour ·· Help & Hints ·· About Cinematour
Cinematour Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Cinematour Forum   » Cinema Yak   » More Theatre Recommendations (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: More Theatre Recommendations
Dan Roben

- posted July 13, 2006 03:37 PM      Profile for Dan Roben           Edit/Delete Post 
Besides, Chris, all of our rainy days only make us appreciate the sunny days, which (despite what many believe) we have plenty of during the summer. Try visiting us in July and August when the temperature is a comfortable 75 to 80 and it actually cools down at night. Then you can make an informed decision. Last time I checked, it doesn't rain inside the theater!

Mark's list was almost complete. I would add the family owned and operated Edmonds Theater, a 1922 gem that has been updated with new seats, new sound system and new projection/screen, but has lost none of its character. I'd also throw in the Issaquah 9, a carbon-copy of the Mountlake 9 Mark mentioned. Both are former ACT III builds and Regal has managed to keep up the presentation quality.

|  IP: Logged

Mark Campbell

- posted July 13, 2006 04:45 PM      Profile for Mark Campbell   Email Mark Campbell         Edit/Delete Post 
Looking at the showtimes listing for tomorrow, it looks like the other carbon copy of the Mountlake, the Everett 9 north of Seattle closes tonight in favor of a Regal Stadium 16 plex. Long live ACT III all-THX builds!!

See Dave Felthous's string:
http://forums.cinematour.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=000304

Dave Felthous

- posted July 13, 2006 07:33 PM      Profile for Dave Felthous   Email Dave Felthous         Edit/Delete Post 
Chris, I hope you and Mrs. Chris don't drop Seattle from your list of potential new homes. There really is lots going on here, not only in movies but many cultural opportunities. The diversity here is also wonderful. I don't really appreciate it until I go to another city like Portland, OR, where you rarely see a non-white face.

Chris Utley

- posted July 14, 2006 11:09 AM      Profile for Chris Utley   Author's Homepage   Email Chris Utley         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for all the Seattle comments. I'll take them all into consideration.

What about the other cities on my list? Anyone have anything nice to say about those?

Chris Utley

- posted December 19, 2006 03:49 PM      Profile for Chris Utley   Author's Homepage   Email Chris Utley         Edit/Delete Post 
I haven't sent an update on my moving plans for a while. I figure it's time for one. We've made our decision regarding where we will live.

And the winner is...

Southern California.

Yep. We're not leaving. Just when you think you know which direction you're going, leave it to a child to alter your course.

We have a 10 month-old who is the joy of our lives. Not only our lives, but his Grandparents' lives, too. He's got a Grandma in LA and a Grandma & Grandpa in Vegas. If we move him across the country, the time they will spend together will significantly drop. And that's not fair to neither the grandparents nor the little guy...not to mention Mom & Dad - who frequently call on Grandma in LA to babysit while we shuffle off to The Dome.

So we've decided to stay in California. Here's to more years of freeway congestion, $10 movie tickets, and hours of fun at Grauman's Chinese & the Cinerama Dome (I was just there Saturday night watching the premiere engagment of "Dreamgirls" - it was absolutely stunning!).

Thanks to all who have offered advice (and begging and pleading for us to choose your city!). I appreciate it much. If you find yourselves in LA, look me up. I'm always down for a good movie!

Jeff Arellano

- posted December 19, 2006 09:53 PM      Profile for Jeff Arellano   Email Jeff Arellano         Edit/Delete Post 
You know Chris, I knew you wouldn't leave Los Angeles.....yet.
There is too much here. Traffic, smog, crime, and dont forget beautiful weather that kinda offsets the big three.

Chris Utley

- posted December 20, 2006 10:58 AM      Profile for Chris Utley   Author's Homepage   Email Chris Utley         Edit/Delete Post 
Seriously, Jeff. The kid was the deal breaker. But if one of his Grands decides to relo out of this area, we're going with 'em!

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

© 1995-2013 Vision Entertainment Services. All rights reserved.