CinemaTour
Cinema History Around the World
 HOME ·· CINEMAS ·· FORUM ·· LINKS ·· BOOKS
 Contact Cinematour ·· Help & Hints ·· About Cinematour
Cinematour Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Cinematour Forum   » Cinema Yak   » Film Daily Yearbook, International Motion Picture Almanac, and Theatre Catalog

Author Topic: Film Daily Yearbook, International Motion Picture Almanac, and Theatre Catalog
Adam Martin
Administrator

- posted July 21, 2005 10:50 AM      Profile for Adam Martin   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Martin         Edit/Delete Post 
I need to know the years that these three annuals were published so that I can figure out which volumes I still need.

Film Daily Yearbook ... 1933 was the 15th edition, so I'm guessing it started in 1918.

International Motion Picture Almanac ... 1957 was the 28th edition, so I'm guessing it started in 1929.

Theatre Catalog ... I think the first edition was 1941.

|  IP: Logged

Jack Coursey

- posted July 21, 2005 08:14 PM      Profile for Jack Coursey   Email Jack Coursey         Edit/Delete Post 
What was the last year for the FDY? Was it still being published as late as 1965?
Which theatre catalog are you in search of?
Do you by chance have available or know a source for screens to seats ratios within the US? It would be interesting to compare these results with stats from 1940 and beyond.

George Gates

- posted July 22, 2005 06:33 AM      Profile for George Gates           Edit/Delete Post 
The Film Daily state by state listing of theatres ended either in either 1958 or 1959. They continued to list Drive Ins and Art Theatres, so they must have thought only those were important.

Adam Martin
Administrator

- posted July 22, 2005 09:36 PM      Profile for Adam Martin   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Martin         Edit/Delete Post 
I have Film Daily Yearbooks as late as 1969.

Roger Katz

- posted July 24, 2005 05:58 AM      Profile for Roger Katz   Email Roger Katz         Edit/Delete Post 
I know I have one from the 70's.

Ken Roe

- posted July 25, 2005 08:23 AM      Profile for Ken Roe   Author's Homepage   Email Ken Roe         Edit/Delete Post 
From what I have been told, the Film Daily Yearbook only started to list State by State theatre details from the 1926 edition.

I have copies of the 1941, 1943 and 1950 editions.

George Gates

- posted July 25, 2005 12:43 PM      Profile for George Gates           Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the information. My oldest one is 1932, which has the state by state, and my 1957 has it too. But my 1960 doesn't. It does have a state by state of Drive Ins, and Art Theatres.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

© 1995-2013 Vision Entertainment Services. All rights reserved.