HOME ·· CINEMAS ·· FORUM ·· LINKS ·· BOOKS
 Contact Cinematour ·· Help & Hints ·· About Cinematour
Cinematour Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Cinematour Forum   » Cinema Yak   » Estate Sale of Movie Theatre Mogul

Author Topic: Estate Sale of Movie Theatre Mogul
David Wodeyla

- posted June 17, 2005 11:59 AM      Profile for David Wodeyla   Author's Homepage   Email David Wodeyla         Edit/Delete Post 
From an email I received this week, as follows:
quote:
CHESTNUT HILL ESTATE SALE
356 Newton Street
(corner of Hallwood)

Please join us on Friday June 17th from 9am until 6pm, Saturday June 18th from 9am until 4pm, and Sunday June 19th from 10am until 3pm for the sale of the fine furniture and furnishings from this 11 room home. The entire contents will be sold from the premises.

To understand the décor in this house, you need to know the owners were prominent film and theatre magnates very much in touch with Hollywood during their particular heyday: the late 1950's to the early 1970's. If time stopped, that's the period we are still in at 356 Newton Street. It is bold, sometimes risky, often whimsical, but always unique with a fearless and colorful flair. As the fashion of this period has returned in clothing (the pinks and lime greens) you will find some of the same flavor in many things here. And don't forget to check out the dual projectors in the "tech" room.

I took a handful of photos, here's a link: (click on "next picture" in order to see most, as they aren't showing to the left as thumbnails.)
First link

Here's another shot, showing the projectors [URL=http://img277.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=bensackpenholderandsign4ba.jpg[/URL]

[ June 19, 2005, 07:23 AM: Message edited by: David Wodeyla ]

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

© 1995-2013 Vision Entertainment Services. All rights reserved.