CinemaTour
Cinema History Around the World
 HOME ·· CINEMAS ·· FORUM ·· LINKS ·· BOOKS
 Contact Cinematour ·· Help & Hints ·· About Cinematour
Cinematour Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Cinematour Forum   » Cinema Yak   » New theatre photos site!

Author Topic: New theatre photos site!
Jim Rankin
(Jim passed away in December 2006)

- posted June 11, 2005 09:41 AM      Profile for Jim Rankin   Email Jim Rankin         Edit/Delete Post 
Amateur photographer and professional stagehand, Noah Kern, has started a site with dozens of recent color photos of movie palaces and others where he has traveled with the tour company of "Greese." I know you will like it, and you can leave comments if you like. http://www.pbase.com/affablebeef/theatres
ENJOY!

|  IP: Logged

Ron Newman

- posted June 11, 2005 02:55 PM      Profile for Ron Newman   Email Ron Newman         Edit/Delete Post 
It's great, but he needs to know that Boston is in Massachusetts and not Maryland!

Lauren Grubb

- posted June 11, 2005 03:02 PM      Profile for Lauren Grubb   Author's Homepage   Email Lauren Grubb         Edit/Delete Post 
Haha. We'll hope for his sake and the sake of the public school system that the MD was a typo. Lol.

Awesome pictures, though. I've never been in any theater as grand as those.

Tom Mundell

- posted June 11, 2005 05:54 PM      Profile for Tom Mundell   Author's Homepage   Email Tom Mundell         Edit/Delete Post 
Very nice pictures!

I've been to a few theatres like those (including the Wang in Boston which is shown), but only for concerts or shows, never a movie.

Many of these venues I think would be pretty bad for seeing a movie though (or at least if you aren't sitting close to the front); it's tough to really appreciate just how big these rooms are from the photos!

Ron Newman

- posted June 11, 2005 10:14 PM      Profile for Ron Newman   Email Ron Newman         Edit/Delete Post 
Very occasionally, the Wang shows old films on Monday nights. This winter and spring, they showed A Streetcar Named Desire, Shakespeare in Love, Dirty Dancing, and Guys and Dolls.

I wish they'd do this much more often, like the Ohio Theatre does in Columbus.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

© 1995-2013 Vision Entertainment Services. All rights reserved.