CinemaTour
Cinema History Around the World
 HOME ·· CINEMAS ·· FORUM ·· LINKS ·· BOOKS
 Contact Cinematour ·· Help & Hints ·· About Cinematour
Cinematour Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Cinematour Forum   » Cinema Yak   » Star Wars Episode 3: Theatre Bookings (Page 2)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Author Topic: Star Wars Episode 3: Theatre Bookings
Chris Utley

- posted April 09, 2005 10:20 PM      Profile for Chris Utley   Author's Homepage   Email Chris Utley         Edit/Delete Post 
It ain't up to Lucas. It's up to Mann Theatres (who is owned by Warner Bros. & Paramount...who, of course, have their own films lined up at Graumans when Star Wars opens).

|  IP: Logged

Chris Utley

- posted April 15, 2005 03:24 PM      Profile for Chris Utley   Author's Homepage   Email Chris Utley         Edit/Delete Post 
Well...tickets are starting to go on sale today. But those silly kids in front of Graumans are still in line. [Rolling on Floor Laughing]

Jeff Arellano

- posted April 15, 2005 03:34 PM      Profile for Jeff Arellano   Email Jeff Arellano         Edit/Delete Post 
They still are hoping that they move it to the Chinese.

Funny thing is the first show will be sold out before they buy their tickets!

Chris Utley

- posted April 16, 2005 08:55 AM      Profile for Chris Utley   Author's Homepage   Email Chris Utley         Edit/Delete Post 
Arclight's tickets are on sale, and I've got mine for opening night in the Dome. I am in contact with the LiningUp people. Word has it that Arclight has offered them a whole block of tickets for midnight in the Dome. They're "debating" on whether or not to accept the offer.

Jeff Arellano

- posted April 16, 2005 08:48 PM      Profile for Jeff Arellano   Email Jeff Arellano         Edit/Delete Post 
First shows are already sold out. Thursdays shows are filling up.

First avail show is 330am right now.

I bought 2 for the 7:45 show on Thursday night.

Chris Utley

- posted April 17, 2005 12:22 PM      Profile for Chris Utley   Author's Homepage   Email Chris Utley         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm going to the same show, Jeff! Maybe I'll run into you there...

Jeff Arellano

- posted April 17, 2005 05:24 PM      Profile for Jeff Arellano   Email Jeff Arellano         Edit/Delete Post 
Chris, what row are you in?

Im taking my dad, who has gone with me to every Star Wars film in the theatre, except Episode IV since I was too young then.

Chris Utley

- posted April 17, 2005 11:09 PM      Profile for Chris Utley   Author's Homepage   Email Chris Utley         Edit/Delete Post 
C20 & 21. Back row of the floor seats, almost dead center. IMHO, the best seats in the whole house.

Jeff Arellano

- posted April 18, 2005 03:03 PM      Profile for Jeff Arellano   Email Jeff Arellano         Edit/Delete Post 
I think Im HH10 and 11. Not the best, but best on what was available.

Joseph Canino

- posted April 23, 2005 10:32 PM      Profile for Joseph Canino   Author's Homepage   Email Joseph Canino         Edit/Delete Post 
Star Wars 3 will be presented in DLP (Digital Light Projection) @ those theatres who have it, including Century 20 Daly City, Loews Metreon, and AMC Bay Street. It just sucks that they don't have it here in Union City. I wish all theatres have this kind of projector.

When I watched "Robots" in Daly City with the DLP presentation, I was pretty amazed and my jaw dropped because of its clearness. It's like you're watching your DVD @ home.

Eric Hooper

- posted April 29, 2005 01:44 PM      Profile for Eric Hooper   Email Eric Hooper         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome Joseph,

If UC25 doesn't show it in DLP, just go a few exits down the 880 to San Jose and see it at the Century 22 in DLP (DLP confirmed there!)

Chris Utley

- posted May 14, 2005 12:13 PM      Profile for Chris Utley   Author's Homepage   Email Chris Utley         Edit/Delete Post 
In a stunning development, Arclight Cinemas has just announced that their presentation of Episode 3 in the Cinerama Dome will be in DIGITAL PROJECTION! I am stunned! They've already slotted 2 of their regular auditoriums to play in Digital but they claim to have the technology to play the film across that 32 x 86 ft screen.

I will be back on Friday morning (I'm seeing it at The Dome Thursday night) with a report...unless Jeff beats me to the punch!

Jeff Arellano

- posted May 15, 2005 09:30 AM      Profile for Jeff Arellano   Email Jeff Arellano         Edit/Delete Post 
Haha. It may be too late for me......But I will see.

Bill Gabel

- posted May 16, 2005 09:06 AM      Profile for Bill Gabel           Edit/Delete Post 
The Ziegfeld Theatre in NYC will be in DIGITAL PROJECTION too.

Chris Utley

- posted May 16, 2005 09:49 AM      Profile for Chris Utley   Author's Homepage   Email Chris Utley         Edit/Delete Post 
What about Loews Lincoln Square?

All times are Central
This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

© 1995-2013 Vision Entertainment Services. All rights reserved.