CinemaTour
Cinema History Around the World
 HOME ·· CINEMAS ·· FORUM ·· LINKS ·· BOOKS
 Contact Cinematour ·· Help & Hints ·· About Cinematour
Cinematour Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Cinematour Forum   » Cinema Yak   » Star Wars Episode 3: Theatre Bookings (Page 1)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Author Topic: Star Wars Episode 3: Theatre Bookings
Chris Utley

- posted March 30, 2005 08:59 PM      Profile for Chris Utley   Author's Homepage   Email Chris Utley         Edit/Delete Post 
Here in So Cal, one theatre has already announced it'll be showing Star Wars Episode 3: Arclight Cinemas in Hollywood...which pretty much insures that SW Ep 3 will play in the mighty Cinerama Dome! The significance of this? Almost every other Star Wars film played at Grauman's Chinese.

When I saw the news on the coming soon list at Arclight's website, I literally fell outta my chair!

|  IP: Logged

Mark Richey

- posted March 30, 2005 11:35 PM      Profile for Mark Richey   Author's Homepage   Email Mark Richey         Edit/Delete Post 
So, the Arclight and the Chinese are in the same booking zone?

Bill Gabel

- posted March 31, 2005 07:23 AM      Profile for Bill Gabel           Edit/Delete Post 
The only ones that did not play the Chinese were "The Empire Strikes Back" and "Return of the Jedi". They played over at the United Artists Egyptian Theatre on the large D-150 screen. And the few weeks that "Star Wars" played the Mann's Hollywood Theatre, because of another film was slated to play the Chinese.

Chris Utley

- posted March 31, 2005 10:54 AM      Profile for Chris Utley   Author's Homepage   Email Chris Utley         Edit/Delete Post 
Arclight and Chinese are right around the corner from each other in Hollywood. Arclight's on Hollywood and Vine. Chinese is on Hollywood and Highland.

Jeff Arellano

- posted March 31, 2005 03:47 PM      Profile for Jeff Arellano   Email Jeff Arellano         Edit/Delete Post 
Psst.....Chris......Arclight is on Sunset and Vine.

They are relatively close, but same booking Zone.

Chris Utley

- posted April 01, 2005 07:20 AM      Profile for Chris Utley   Author's Homepage   Email Chris Utley         Edit/Delete Post 
Oops...typo. Sorry bout that.

Jeff Arellano

- posted April 01, 2005 03:09 PM      Profile for Jeff Arellano   Email Jeff Arellano         Edit/Delete Post 
I know what you meant....I was thinking maybe you were just too excited.

Eric Hooper

- posted April 01, 2005 05:12 PM      Profile for Eric Hooper   Email Eric Hooper         Edit/Delete Post 
Well it certainly wont be at the now closed Coronet Theatre in SF...They just couldn't wait a few months, could they... [Mad]

Chris Utley

- posted April 02, 2005 03:18 PM      Profile for Chris Utley   Author's Homepage   Email Chris Utley         Edit/Delete Post 
Looks like the Star Wars fanboys are bent outta shape because Ep 3 ain't playing at the Chinese this year. Allegedly this is messing up their infamous line-up in front of Chinese Theatre. More details here: http://www.liningup.net/mb/viewtopic.php?t=6239

Personally, I'm stoked about Episode 3 playing at the Cinerama Dome. With all due respect to Grauman's Chinese, the Dome is far superior in terms of screen size, sound and presentation. The fanboys may be ticked off now, but once that curtain opens up and the Fox logo stretches across all 86 feet of that screen, they'll get over it!

Richard A Stegman Jr

- posted April 04, 2005 10:54 PM      Profile for Richard A Stegman Jr   Email Richard A Stegman Jr         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm sure it'll take up LOTS of screen space at the Ontario "55".
(aka the AMC Ontario Mills 30 & Regal/Edwards Ontario Palace 22 Cinemas)

Including the IMAX there

Add in the Regal/Edwards 14 on Mountain Ave. in Ontario...That's alot of screen time for one movie.

Chris Utley

- posted April 04, 2005 11:01 PM      Profile for Chris Utley   Author's Homepage   Email Chris Utley         Edit/Delete Post 
It's bound to play in "The Grand Palace" at Regal/Edwards Ontario 22. That auditorium is breathtaking! It's one of the best I've ever seen a film in!

Jeff Arellano

- posted April 05, 2005 03:49 PM      Profile for Jeff Arellano   Email Jeff Arellano         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I'm sure it'll take up LOTS of screen space at the Ontario "55".
(aka the AMC Ontario Mills 30 & Regal/Edwards Ontario Palace 22 Cinemas)

Including the IMAX there

Add in the Regal/Edwards 14 on Mountain Ave. in Ontario...That's alot of screen time for one movie.

You totally forgot the AMC Victoria Gardens and the Ultrastar up in Rancho, what, less than 3 miles north?

Dave Felthous

- posted April 05, 2005 08:14 PM      Profile for Dave Felthous   Email Dave Felthous         Edit/Delete Post 
There was a rumor that theaters that played Robots would not get Star Wars, but now there's a rumor that the rumor isn't true. What a crazy business!

Richard A Stegman Jr

- posted April 06, 2005 06:02 PM      Profile for Richard A Stegman Jr   Email Richard A Stegman Jr         Edit/Delete Post 
From Manchester(UK)Online:
quote:
Star Wars fans queuing at wrong cinema
"Die hard Star Wars fans have begun queuing up for the new movie's May 19 release but with one small glitch - they are at the wrong cinema."
"'Episode III - Revenge of the Sith' will not be opening at Hollywood's Chinese Theatre where they have set up their vigil but at a different one down the road."
"Executives from both 20th Century Fox and the ArcLight cinema expect the long awaited film to open there, according to Variety magazine."
"A deal would almost certainly stipulate the ArcLight is the only one playing the film in the immediate area."
"But Star Wars enthusiasts will not be swayed, citing rumours the previous two instalments would not open at the Chinese which turned out to be false."
"Spokeswoman Sarah Sprague said: 'This is still the epicentre for Star Wars fans. For the big iconic pictures of the 1970s, people lining up were here.'"
"She vowed they would wait regardless, the queue having taken on such significance that some fans believe it is more important than the film itself."
"With 43 days to go, fans are making use of the publicity and the location on Hollywood Boulevard to raise cash for their charity Starlight Starbright."

Jeff Arellano

- posted April 07, 2005 04:14 PM      Profile for Jeff Arellano   Email Jeff Arellano         Edit/Delete Post 
I have a feeling what Lucas will do is open it for them at the Chinese for a special show.....but realistically would he do this? I dont think so.

They also said, that if it is definitely at teh Dome, and they cannot get it at the Chinese, they will......WALK THE LINE DOWN TO THE ARCLIGHT..

All times are Central
This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

© 1995-2013 Vision Entertainment Services. All rights reserved.