HOME ·· CINEMAS ·· FORUM ·· LINKS ·· BOOKS
 Contact Cinematour ·· Help & Hints ·· About Cinematour
Cinematour Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Cinematour Forum   » Cinema Yak   » The Passion Of The Christ

Author Topic: The Passion Of The Christ
Chris Utley

- posted February 12, 2004 10:11 PM      Profile for Chris Utley   Author's Homepage   Email Chris Utley         Edit/Delete Post 
Question for all the owners and exhibitors out there. Have you booked "The Passion Of The Christ". And if so, have any churches bought out any of your screens for opening weekend. I know of a few churches across the country which have bought out theatres.

|  IP: Logged

Jeff Arellano

- posted February 25, 2004 09:23 PM      Profile for Jeff Arellano   Email Jeff Arellano         Edit/Delete Post 
I heard from a friend at AMC, that several of their shows were bought out by churches.

I will be catching this this Saturday BTW in the Cinerama Dome, where all epic films should be seen.

Daryl C. W. O'Shea
Administrator

- posted February 26, 2004 03:37 AM      Profile for Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Email Daryl C. W. O'Shea         Edit/Delete Post 
We've had some churches basically four wall the auditorium for the afternoon, others have wanted us to let 'them' all in for free. Whatever.

Chris Utley

- posted February 27, 2004 11:54 PM      Profile for Chris Utley   Author's Homepage   Email Chris Utley         Edit/Delete Post 
[Confused]

Sorry Darryl. Why must my Christian brothers and sisters believe that we're too holy to pay $8.00 for a movie ticket just like everybody else?! If you really believe in Him, you'll put your $$$ where your mouth is!

BTW...I've seen it twice-both in Irvine (Park Place 10 and Westpark 8-first time seeing movie there. I think I'll go there instead of MetroPointe from now on). Cinerama Dome is next weekend. You're right on the money, Jeff. It truly must be seen there!

Kevin Wale

- posted March 21, 2004 03:37 PM      Profile for Kevin Wale   Email Kevin Wale         Edit/Delete Post 
We had more churches than I can count book the theatre. One church inquired(and I believe has about to get the details worked out) about buying the theatre out and then they would give the tickets away. I thought that was really cool. My church got a discount (the new manager that replaced me goes to my chuch and cleared this with the owners) but they also booked several showings and promoted the daylights out of the movie. This was all happening before I came back so I missed most of the busy ness of it all. Now I'm part time so I only see Thursday and Friday which are holding very well.

I do know that we have had 26 and possibly more sellouts which is by far the most ever beating Nemo by more than 10 sellouts. Nemo also had some sellouts in the smaller theatres. Passion is still in the biggest house.

Except for Passion this has been a terrible year for individual movies. We've had a great year overall which is wierd considering the general decrease in the industry.

Fortunately Spiderman is around the corner and I expect Ladykillers to do well.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

© 1995-2013 Vision Entertainment Services. All rights reserved.