CinemaTour
Cinema History Around the World
 HOME ·· CINEMAS ·· FORUM ·· LINKS ·· BOOKS
 Contact Cinematour ·· Help & Hints ·· About Cinematour
Cinematour Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Cinematour Forum   » Cinema Yak   » Your most memorable cinema moment in 2003?

Author Topic: Your most memorable cinema moment in 2003?
Mike Law

- posted December 26, 2003 10:18 PM      Profile for Mike Law   Email Mike Law         Edit/Delete Post 
As Dickens wrote in A Tale of Two Cities, "It was the best of times; it was the worst of times..." So, fellow Cinemetour members what was your most memorable cinema moment of 2003 either good or bad?

|  IP: Logged

Brad Miller

- posted December 27, 2003 03:05 AM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller         Edit/Delete Post 
True story...

When the end credits rolled to "Radio" and I realized I had somehow managed to NOT kill myself!

Roger Katz

- posted December 27, 2003 05:37 AM      Profile for Roger Katz   Email Roger Katz         Edit/Delete Post 
I was considering going to see the movie Radio on Monday night. Maybe not then...

Joe Redifer

- posted December 27, 2003 12:14 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't think it would be wholly appropriate to share my most memorable cinema moment(s) here. [Smile]

Jeff Arellano

- posted December 27, 2003 05:20 PM      Profile for Jeff Arellano   Email Jeff Arellano         Edit/Delete Post 
Falling Asleep in the theatre watching "Charlies Angels 2" for an unheard of second time....

....and yes I snored.

....and the movie was horrible. Dont ask why I saw it twice.

Eric Hooper

- posted December 28, 2003 10:32 AM      Profile for Eric Hooper   Email Eric Hooper         Edit/Delete Post 
Lord Of The Rings 3 at The Coronet.

Chris Utley

- posted December 28, 2003 06:20 PM      Profile for Chris Utley   Author's Homepage   Email Chris Utley         Edit/Delete Post 
LOTR Trilogy @ the Cinerama Dome. Didn't make Trilogy Tuesday but saw Fellowship Of The Ring Extended Edition on 12/5, Two Towers Extended Edition on 12/12, and Return Of The King on 12/19.

To see THOSE movies in THAT theatre on THAT SCREEN...

PRICELESS!!!

Adam Martin
Administrator

- posted December 29, 2003 07:51 AM      Profile for Adam Martin   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Martin         Edit/Delete Post 
Does anyone else find it ironic that I haven't seen a movie in a movie theater (except screening a few prints at the theater I work at, but that's work so it doesn't count) since ... oh ... July? [Frown]

Tom Mundell

- posted December 29, 2003 07:55 AM      Profile for Tom Mundell   Author's Homepage   Email Tom Mundell         Edit/Delete Post 
The best was Return of the King and X-Men 2. Finding Nemo should probably be on the best list also...

I saw Return of the King a third time at the Loews Eatontown 15 in NJ, and that was the worst presentation of the year for me...sad to see such a great movie in such shoddy conditions.

Jim Rankin
(Jim passed away in December 2006)

- posted December 29, 2003 01:53 PM      Profile for Jim Rankin   Email Jim Rankin         Edit/Delete Post 
Adam, it's not ironic at all that you have not gone out to any movies. It is called a 'busman's holiday' when soemone does on his free time what he also does on his work time. Why would you want a 'busman's holiday' when you unavoidably screen films at work? There aren't that many good movies out there now, and going to a multiplex is NOT the EXPERIENCE that going to the movie palaces was. In your situation, I would avoid going to yet another multiplex like the plague.

Adam Martin
Administrator

- posted December 29, 2003 02:23 PM      Profile for Adam Martin   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Martin         Edit/Delete Post 
I suppose I have two memorable experiences from this year ... watching Pirates of the Caribbean on a torn screen and Scott Neff dragging me out to see The Lizzy McGuire Movie where we watched some guy get arrested in the parking lot.

Scott, on the other hand, reports that he has seen over 100 films in theaters this year. That's the reason we saw Lizzy McGuire ... he'd seen everything else!

Mike Law

- posted December 29, 2003 04:03 PM      Profile for Mike Law   Email Mike Law         Edit/Delete Post 
Adam, which theatre do you work?

Adam Martin
Administrator

- posted December 29, 2003 08:29 PM      Profile for Adam Martin   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Martin         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm the Technical Manager at the Esquire Imax Theatre in Sacramento.

Brad Miller

- posted December 30, 2003 01:10 AM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
That's the reason we saw Lizzy McGuire ... he'd seen everything else!
Yeah sure! You know you can't get enough Lizzy. Phil Hill told me.

Phil Hill

- posted January 02, 2004 02:42 PM      Profile for Phil Hill   Email Phil Hill         Edit/Delete Post 
Ya know Brad, I don't know WTF Adam is bitching about! I think he just likes to bitch!

Not only did he get to see a great movie with a great person (Scott), he also got a GREAT post-show at no charge when he saw some guy get arrested in the parking lot.

JEEZE! Me thinks he just likes to complain!

>>> Phil

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

© 1995-2013 Vision Entertainment Services. All rights reserved.