CinemaTour
Cinema History Around the World
 HOME ·· CINEMAS ·· FORUM ·· LINKS ·· BOOKS
 Contact Cinematour ·· Help & Hints ·· About Cinematour
Cinematour Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Cinematour Forum   » Cinema Yak   » Where Will YOU Be Watching "Return Of The King"

Author Topic: Where Will YOU Be Watching "Return Of The King"
Chris Utley

- posted December 16, 2003 08:58 AM      Profile for Chris Utley   Author's Homepage   Email Chris Utley         Edit/Delete Post 
[thumbs up]

I'm interested in knowing where you good citizens of CinemaTour will be watching the final Lord Of The Rings flick. Or at least could you give some suggestions to others for the absolute most perfect theatre in your neck of the woods to see the flick.

As for me, I'm going to Regal/Edwards Irvine Spectrum 21 in Irvine to see it. It's playing in the IMAX room as well as the 4 big stadiums (Hollywood, Chinese, Egyptian and Palace). Then on Sunday I'm going to the Cinerama Dome to see it. IMHO, that is the best theatre in the LA area to see ROTK. I've seen the first two there.

|  IP: Logged

Roger Katz

- posted December 16, 2003 12:56 PM      Profile for Roger Katz   Email Roger Katz         Edit/Delete Post 
I'll be seeing it the same place I've seen the other two LOTR movies - NOWHERE.

Tom Mundell

- posted December 16, 2003 01:45 PM      Profile for Tom Mundell   Author's Homepage   Email Tom Mundell         Edit/Delete Post 
Not a big LOTR fan, eh?

I'll be seeing this at AMC's Framingham 16, auditorium #6

Paul P. Meyers

- posted December 16, 2003 03:14 PM      Profile for Paul P. Meyers   Email Paul P. Meyers         Edit/Delete Post 
Although I find it a bit overdone and noisy in the lobby, porobably the Star Southfield in Southfield Michigan. The ideal place would be in an outdoor setting, not a drive in but in a wooded grove somwhere. What theatres out there are going all out for the premiere? I mean like dressing up the ushers as hobbits, putting a cardboard "Eye of Sauron" over the projector porthole, serving grog at the concession stand. You know turning the theatre into a Ren-Faire for a day. And driving the staff nuts. [bow down]

Eric Hooper

- posted December 16, 2003 03:19 PM      Profile for Eric Hooper   Email Eric Hooper         Edit/Delete Post 
The Coronet Theatre, SF of course...

May also see it again at the Del Oro in Grass Valley...

Jeff Arellano

- posted December 16, 2003 09:16 PM      Profile for Jeff Arellano   Email Jeff Arellano         Edit/Delete Post 
First time - AMC Puente 20. Whatever theatre it is in for the 6:50 show tomorrow.

Second Time - Cinerama Dome [thumbs up]

Rachel Gilardi

- posted December 17, 2003 01:14 PM      Profile for Rachel Gilardi   Email Rachel Gilardi         Edit/Delete Post 
Ummm, my theater. The strand - eventually. Might not be the best, but it's free! [Big Grin]

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

© 1995-2013 Vision Entertainment Services. All rights reserved.