Cinematour Forum
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | my password | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Cinematour Forum   » Cinema Yak   » Server Status and System Notices

Author Topic: Server Status and System Notices
Adam Martin
Administrator

- posted May 29, 2003 03:16 PM      Profile for Adam Martin   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Martin         Edit/Delete Post 
Ignore the information in this individual post. The rest of this thread is still okay. The server setup has changed and everything's on the same server again.

quote:

With yesterday's system failure over at Film-Tech, Brad and I have come up with an idea to cross-post server status between Film-Tech and Cinematour.

The sites are on separate servers in the same location. The only reasons that both sites should simultaneously fail would be:

• both servers lose power (bad Kitty!)
  • there is an upstream DNS failure
  • there is an upstream internet problem
  • the T1 line gets cut by construction crews again [Roll Eyes] .
So if you can't reach Film-Tech, come here to check and see if something on our end is going on. If you can't reach Cinematour, go to the Film-Tech Forum and navigate to Film-Yak. This topic will probably be made sticky so that it is always near the top of the list.

[ April 17, 2005, 06:15 PM: Message edited by: Adam Martin ]

|  IP: Logged

Adam Martin
Administrator

- posted May 29, 2003 06:58 PM      Profile for Adam Martin   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Martin         Edit/Delete Post 
With the Film-Tech mail system still somewhat crippled, some of the email features of the Cinematour Forums are not operating properly. (The two forums sort of share part of a mail server.)

Member approvals are not operating at this time. I assume that registrations are not operating at this time, either.

If you post to a thread where someone has set their post to notify them when someone else posts to that thread, you will receive an error message after your message posts. But your message does post, which you may verify by reloading the thread.

Uploading an image to your post may also be affected, because I receive an email everytime someone uploads to the server.

These issues should be resolved soon. Thanks for your patience.

** Update ** Email services have been restored.

[ May 29, 2003, 11:31 PM: Message edited by: Adam Martin ]

Adam Martin
Administrator

- posted September 18, 2003 01:34 PM      Profile for Adam Martin   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Martin         Edit/Delete Post 
The tour database is being repopulated and will not be fully functional for the next couple of hours.

*** Update: Upload completed. Everything should be back to normal. ***

[ September 18, 2003, 03:31 PM: Message edited by: Adam Martin ]

Brad Miller

- posted September 26, 2003 06:30 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller         Edit/Delete Post 
This evening we will have roughly 20 minutes downtime on all of the servers, one after the other for maintenance, data backup and installing super huge UPS batteries.

Connection to this site or others such as www.film-tech.com may come and go during this time.

Adam Martin
Administrator

- posted October 21, 2003 08:09 PM      Profile for Adam Martin   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Martin         Edit/Delete Post 
Advance warning...

Tuesday, October 28th we will have approximately 1/2 hour of solid downtime at some point in the evening. This will affect all servers, but should not affect all of them at the same time. (Cinematour should be up when Film-Tech is down.)

Friday, October 31st we will have an unknown amount of downtime from noon to the evening hours for improvements. The site may be sporadically available for that timeframe. This will also affect all servers, but should not affect all of them at the same time.

Daryl C. W. O'Shea
Administrator

- posted October 22, 2003 12:44 AM      Profile for Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Email Daryl C. W. O'Shea         Edit/Delete Post 
HA! That's what you think. ALL servers will be taken down simultaneously for the majority, if not the entirety, of the maintenance period on Friday, Oct 31.

However, if Scott ever gets off his arse and updates the DNS zones, I'll redirect everything to a status page.

Daryl C. W. O'Shea
Administrator

- posted November 09, 2003 09:08 PM      Profile for Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Email Daryl C. W. O'Shea         Edit/Delete Post 
There will be periodic site outages lasting approximately one minute each throughout the night.

The cinema (and tour) database will be down for extended periods throughout the night.

edit: I'm done. It's officially Adam's fault if anything goes wrong now.

[ November 10, 2003, 12:05 AM: Message edited by: Daryl C. W. O'Shea ]

Adam Martin
Administrator

- posted November 29, 2003 08:06 PM      Profile for Adam Martin   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Martin         Edit/Delete Post 
The Film-Tech Forums will be taken down for maintenance tonight at 2am Central time. Estimated maintenance time is unknown, but will probably be a few hours.

Adam Martin
Administrator

- posted March 22, 2004 12:36 AM      Profile for Adam Martin   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Martin         Edit/Delete Post 
We are reworking how cookies on the site work so that future enhancements to the main site will work with your forum login. You will have to log in again unexpectedly when the change occurs.

Daryl C. W. O'Shea
Administrator

- posted January 25, 2005 03:36 PM      Profile for Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Email Daryl C. W. O'Shea         Edit/Delete Post 
The server was unreachable today from 1:37pm to 5:42pm EST due to network interface issues.

http://status.cinematour.com/

Daryl C. W. O'Shea
Administrator

- posted June 04, 2005 07:51 PM      Profile for Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Email Daryl C. W. O'Shea         Edit/Delete Post 
The server will need to be taken offline for maintenance around 11:30pm CST. Downtime could be up to three hours, but will likely be substantially shorter.

Daryl C. W. O'Shea
Administrator

- posted August 15, 2006 05:26 AM      Profile for Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Email Daryl C. W. O'Shea         Edit/Delete Post 
Never let first, second, or third level support personnel in your data centre touch your server. [Mad]

TODO: Migrate the status website to my new servers (I knew I forgot something in the middle of the move).

All times are Central  
   Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

© 1995-2013 Vision Entertainment Services. All rights reserved.