CinemaTour
Cinema History Around the World
 HOME ·· CINEMAS ·· FORUM ·· LINKS ·· BOOKS
 Contact Cinematour ·· Help & Hints ·· About Cinematour
Cinematour Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Cinematour Forum   » Cinema Yak   » TIME TIME! WHERE IS THE TIME???

Author Topic: TIME TIME! WHERE IS THE TIME???
Scott D. Neff
Tour Guide

- posted August 04, 2003 12:00 AM      Profile for Scott D. Neff   Email Scott D. Neff         Edit/Delete Post 
I hope we haven't lost everybody here. I know I haven't been around lately to be my natural dorkish self. I've had a lot of work to do with Century and haven't had much chance to do much of anything.

I'm hoping some opportunities for some really obscure U.S. research tours will pan out and I'll be able to find some more 1970's cinematic mutilations. [Wink]

|  IP: Logged

Dan Wright

- posted August 04, 2003 05:07 PM      Profile for Dan Wright   Email Dan Wright         Edit/Delete Post 
Someday you guys have to take a tour of the Orpheum in Okmulgee, Oklahoma. It was built around 1920 and still shows movies twice a night. It was twinned in the 1970’s they put the second theatre on the balcony. When Carmike twinned the place they actually covered the Polychrome terra cotta walls in the lobby with cheap walnut paneling. Pulling it down was the first restoration project done when the current owner bought the place in the early 1990’s. They have a before photo in the box office. When customers realize what they are looking at the usual response is what the %$#%#%#@% were they thinking.

Scott D. Neff
Tour Guide

- posted August 21, 2003 09:41 PM      Profile for Scott D. Neff   Email Scott D. Neff         Edit/Delete Post 
*bes overwhelmed*

I've got too much planned out and not enough free time for fun.

[Confused]

Adam Martin
Administrator

- posted August 22, 2003 09:43 AM      Profile for Adam Martin   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Martin         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm spending too much time filtering virus files out of my email (averaging over 400 per day right now [Frown] ) and not enough time printing up maps for Minneapolis and Texas.

Bob Maar

- posted September 10, 2003 10:32 AM      Profile for Bob Maar   Email Bob Maar         Edit/Delete Post 
Both Scott and Adam need to get a grip on their lives. You should both quit your day jobs and move to the east coast. After all it all began on the East Coast. In old vaudville circuit, they all wanted to play the Palace in New York. You know what they say...if you can make it there, you can make it anywhere.
Young Thomas Edison, woked in his lab across the river in Edison NJ. (I guess it wasn't called Edison when he was alive) Boston has some great old theatres to roam around it and some new ones to. But I think you should start in Bar Harbor, Maine and when you reach Key west,Fl then start working your way west.

Oh! Yes! By the way you will both have to give up having a life that doesn't revolve around CinemaTour. It is after all a mission that you are on.

Other Cinematour members will meet you when you pass through their cities and towns. They will feed you and pass a cannister around their audience to gather pennies for you trip.

Now hurry book the first flight back East. [Rolling on Floor Laughing] [Shrug]

Adam Martin
Administrator

- posted September 10, 2003 12:24 PM      Profile for Adam Martin   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Martin         Edit/Delete Post 
Seriously. Everyone mail me a penny today. Or better yet, go to the store and make a simple $5 donation or buy a shirt. [Cool]

Ron Keillor

- posted September 10, 2003 12:58 PM      Profile for Ron Keillor   Email Ron Keillor         Edit/Delete Post 
Mail address???

Paul P. Meyers

- posted September 10, 2003 01:09 PM      Profile for Paul P. Meyers   Email Paul P. Meyers         Edit/Delete Post 
And while you're out on the east coast make a pilgramage to Fort Lee, N.J. Birthplace of the American Film industry. Or check out fortleefilm.org
(I do plan on getting a t-shirt just when I don't know.)
By the by how about taking a video cam along and documenting your road trips. That way you could upload on the web snap shots of you video taping youselves taking photos of theatres showing 35mm films. Hows that for a cross referential multi media task? [Eek!]

Adam Martin
Administrator

- posted September 10, 2003 05:25 PM      Profile for Adam Martin   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Martin         Edit/Delete Post 
Typically, we don't have a video camera handy. However, we do often take photos of the road trips. See this thread located in "Cinematour Discussion".

Adam Martin
Administrator

- posted November 05, 2003 10:09 PM      Profile for Adam Martin   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Martin         Edit/Delete Post 
Have I not done any email since July 4th? Sheesh. That's what it feels like. How come I leave town for a week and 40 MB of email comes in? [Eek!]

Roger needs to quit his job and move out here to help me once he's got NYC and Long Island done. He can sleep on my couch and panhandle for lunch money like everyone else in downtown Sacramento, unless he can sustain consciousness on a diet of free popcorn and Coca-Cola.

Hmmm ... OR ... Roger, Scott and I can all quit our jobs and move into Bob's apartment in New York! Nah. That wouldn't work. There's not enough time to research anything but the bathroom between martinis.

Scott D. Neff
Tour Guide

- posted November 06, 2003 10:26 PM      Profile for Scott D. Neff   Email Scott D. Neff         Edit/Delete Post 
I think over time we'd all grow accustomd to the nonstop flow of liquor, and we'd learn how to operate with a blood alcohol level of 10,000.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

© 1995-2013 Vision Entertainment Services. All rights reserved.