CinemaTour
Cinema History Around the World
 HOME ·· CINEMAS ·· FORUM ·· LINKS ·· BOOKS
 Contact Cinematour ·· Help & Hints ·· About Cinematour
Cinematour Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Cinematour Forum   » Cinema Yak   » New Member to CinemaTour Forum (Page 3)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Author Topic: New Member to CinemaTour Forum
Scott D. Neff
Tour Guide

- posted May 30, 2005 11:04 AM      Profile for Scott D. Neff   Email Scott D. Neff         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome to the forums. Hopefully you'll get us some photos of South Carolina so I don't have to spend a fortune out there for a week this summer.

[Smile]

|  IP: Logged

Lauren Grubb

- posted May 30, 2005 03:09 PM      Profile for Lauren Grubb   Author's Homepage   Email Lauren Grubb         Edit/Delete Post 
Haha. Can do. Just have to find where to send them. This place seems to have changed a bit since I last submitted a photo. [Smile]

Scott D. Neff
Tour Guide

- posted May 31, 2005 07:33 AM      Profile for Scott D. Neff   Email Scott D. Neff         Edit/Delete Post 
Send them to newsroom@cinematour.com but be patient, there's quite a backup of photos right now.

This way if I go to SC in July I'll better know what to not duplicate.

Marjorie O'Brien

- posted May 31, 2005 11:39 AM      Profile for Marjorie O'Brien   Author's Homepage   Email Marjorie O'Brien         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi everyone, I'm a new member here. I've been using the databases probably since January, then I found out you guys have a forum, and that's way cool.

I'm a high school student living in Ann Arbor, Michigan, and I love photography to death, but I especially like photographing old theaterhouses. I base roadtrips around cities and towns that have theaters, and when I have time (hopefully this summer), I'll go about actually seeing movies at these venues. I'm doing the best I can to capture a lot of the theaters in Michigan on film, and I'll have a good chance to visit more when we go to the upper peninsula this coming month.

Ah, that's all about me.

George Gates

- posted May 31, 2005 12:20 PM      Profile for George Gates           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Send them to newsroom@cinematour.com but be patient, there's quite a backup of photos right now.

Or you can just upload them using the "click here and follow the instructions. That way, we'll all get to see them. Just make them small enough. [Wink] Some regulars want the large originals for their own collection, I think. (can you tell I've been lurking as an outsider for awhile, and paying attention?) [LOL]

Adam Martin
Administrator

- posted May 31, 2005 08:43 PM      Profile for Adam Martin   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Martin         Edit/Delete Post 
Do NOT upload photo tours to the forums. Send them to the newsroom as directed. The random photo or two uploaded to the forum is okay, but note that they will NOT be added to the main site unless they are sent to the newsroom.

George Gates

- posted June 01, 2005 12:18 PM      Profile for George Gates           Edit/Delete Post 
There's a difference between "upload" and providing a link to another person's web space. An upload takes away space from yours, a link only allows people to enjoy other's efforts. I think you folks understand the difference, and I don't understand the aversion to it.I enjoyed the link until it was pulled, and wish I had bookmarked it.

Adam Martin
Administrator

- posted June 01, 2005 04:46 PM      Profile for Adam Martin   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Martin         Edit/Delete Post 
This site has never allowed users to upload their own photos to the site outside of the forums. Maybe you're confusing us with Cinema Treasures, which used to have an "Add a Photo" function.

George Gates

- posted June 02, 2005 06:14 AM      Profile for George Gates           Edit/Delete Post 
I didn't say anything about uploading to the "Cinemas" site, just the forums. I enjoyed the recent links provided, and I'm sure many others do too. In addition, the occasional upload of a picture to the forum section is an interesting option you've provided. Can we put the issue to bed, with an agreement that a link to another gallery or "tour" is OK since it doesn't infringe on your webspace?

Adam Martin
Administrator

- posted June 02, 2005 09:41 AM      Profile for Adam Martin   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Martin         Edit/Delete Post 
That's fine, but I still don't know what you were talking about when you said

quote:
I enjoyed the link until it was pulled, and wish I had bookmarked it.
because I didn't remove anything. I just stated that anything posted to the forums will not make it onto the main site.

This is important to note because the main site is where the archive is and not everyone visiting the main site knows to look for things here in the forum as well.

So when someone posts a bunch of great photos here on the forum or links to them on their own personal webspace (which *will* eventually disappear, whether you want to admit it or not), it sucks that only a few people will ever get to see them.

So make sure to email any photos you want to share to the newsroom as well so that they will eventually get added to the main site and archive.

End of discussion. No need to reply to this post. Now back to saying "Hi" to new members! [Big Grin]

Amanda Jones

- posted August 19, 2005 10:44 PM      Profile for Amanda Jones   Email Amanda Jones         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi this is my first post so I thought it would be appropriate to introduce myself. I've been in the theater business since November 1997 when I was still in high school.

November 1997- January 2004 I worked for General Cinema which of course became AMC. May 2001,in addition to my duties as a regular floor staff employee, I was promoted to non-union projectionist, which just meant I learned how to thread and start the movies and how to build and tear them. Our union guy didn't like to teach any non-union any more than that. A year after that I was promoted to Crew Trainer, which due to the size of our theater (a sixer) I was more like an assistant manager, I just didn't have access to the safe. December 2002 I was asked to become a full time manager but I turned it down because I was in college full time and about to start a full time internship that I needed for course credit. Besides they were only offering me 50 cents more than what I was currently making.

Sadly January 2004 our theater closed and due to shady theater politics I was unable to transfer to another location in town.

February 2004 I joined the dark side so to speak. I got a job at Kerasotes Theaters. I started out as a blue hat but was quickly moved to shift manager by May. March of 2005 I was promoted to salaried manager and a week after that I was given the job of hiring for our location.

Steve Swanson

- posted September 19, 2005 10:44 AM      Profile for Steve Swanson   Email Steve Swanson         Edit/Delete Post 
Greetings & Salutations! I've been lurking around here for a few years now, and finally signed up on the forum. I'm a HUGE drive-in fan, but also like the old movie houses. I've workerd at 2 multiplexes: 8 months as an usher in Phoenix while in college, then 3 months in Roseburg, OR. I also worked 3 summers in Newberg, OR at the 99W drive-in. Everything from snack bar, projection, box office, to picking up the field. It was a great experience but living in Eugene and communting up here on weekends took it's toll. BTW: we still run 6'000 ft. reels with changeovers. It a great DI and only 4 left in the state. I've also been up to Seattle Cinerama for How The West Was Won, This Is Cinerama & It's A Mad Mad World. Being the DI fan I am. From Eugene, OR I have driven a 900 mile radius. North to Prince George B.C. East to Driggs, ID and south to San Diego. whew...

Chris Utley

- posted September 19, 2005 02:00 PM      Profile for Chris Utley   Author's Homepage   Email Chris Utley         Edit/Delete Post 
Good to see you here, Steve!

Dave Felthous

- posted September 19, 2005 09:05 PM      Profile for Dave Felthous   Email Dave Felthous         Edit/Delete Post 
Steve, how can you afford the gas?!?!? :-)

Steve Swanson

- posted September 20, 2005 08:43 AM      Profile for Steve Swanson   Email Steve Swanson         Edit/Delete Post 
I have taken 'cheapskate' to a new level. For the first few years, I would sleep in my car at rest areas. There are 3 Washington DI's that I can pitch a tent at after the show. In 2003, I started working at the 99W to help pay for my trips. I also stayed with my brother in Portland that year. Then I slept up in the projection booth the next 2 years. In the last 8 years, I have seen 17 drive-ins close. After the Starlite in Roseburg shut down, I went on a quest to see as many DI's as possible. While I still have the 'bug', I have developed a 'been there, done that' attitude on the long distance road trips. At the same time, meeting the SoCal DIMS group and Bob's passing have given me a boost to keep the dream alive.

All times are Central
This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

© 1995-2013 Vision Entertainment Services. All rights reserved.