CinemaTour
Cinema History Around the World
 HOME ·· CINEMAS ·· FORUM ·· LINKS ·· BOOKS
 Contact Cinematour ·· Help & Hints ·· About Cinematour
Cinematour Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Cinematour Forum   » Cinema Yak   » Festival Game Palace -- how many locations were there?

Author Topic: Festival Game Palace -- how many locations were there?
Daniel Fuentz

- posted June 09, 2003 07:47 PM      Profile for Daniel Fuentz   Email Daniel Fuentz         Edit/Delete Post 
Does anyone know how many of these arcades Festival operated? There was one in Fresno, which closed down in the mid 80's, possibly around the time Festival Enterprises became part of Mann Theatres.
A Google search brought up a reference to a "Regency Game Palace" in Concord, which was supposedly located in the same shopping center as a Regency Cinema. (The one in Fresno was located a few miles from the Festival Cinema, the arcade was at Blackstone and Alluvial, and the cinema was at Blackstone near Barstow.) Were these the only two arcades operated by Festival?

|  IP: Logged

Robert DeJesus

- posted October 06, 2003 10:52 AM      Profile for Robert DeJesus   Email Robert DeJesus         Edit/Delete Post 
There was one on the second floor of Festival Walnut Creek. I know that when I worked there in 1991, we used to "borrow" the keys from the office and played for free at night. This space was later converted to the district office for Mann in 1993, and now the building has been torned down for a thomasville furniture store.

The only Regency I remember for that area was in Pleasant Hill (not listed in database) right next to Concord. Had four or five video games inside only, but yes there was a giant arcade called Regency Game Palace in the same shopping center. I'm positive this is the same one you mentioned but it wasn't owned by the theatre (my Ex worked at the cinema and verified this). I grew up about a mile away so I'll try to take some pics of both when I go back to visit.

Daniel Fuentz

- posted October 08, 2003 04:10 AM      Profile for Daniel Fuentz   Email Daniel Fuentz         Edit/Delete Post 
Ah, so there was one in Walnut Creek as well! I'm pretty sure the Regency arcade was owned by the theatre at one time and was probably sold off at the same time the Fresno arcade was. (The Fresno arcade didn't last much longer after the theatre chain sold it) Festival did build some theatres under the "Regency" name, like the Regency 6 in Clovis. I'm sure someone knows the rationale behind them calling some theatres "Festival" and others "Regency".

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

© 1995-2013 Vision Entertainment Services. All rights reserved.