CinemaTour
Cinema History Around the World
 HOME ·· CINEMAS ·· FORUM ·· LINKS ·· BOOKS
 Contact Cinematour ·· Help & Hints ·· About Cinematour
Cinematour Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Cinematour Forum   » Cinema Yak   » Found a copy of "Festival Enterprises" policy trailer!

Author Topic: Found a copy of "Festival Enterprises" policy trailer!
Daniel Fuentz

- posted May 01, 2003 08:27 PM      Profile for Daniel Fuentz   Email Daniel Fuentz         Edit/Delete Post 
As I posted on another thread, I went to the Fig Garden cinema earlier this week to take photos. I went back today to give the construction supervisor the second set of prints as a "thank you", and he gave some small rolls of film that were found in the old splicing/work area. One roll were a bunch of different intermission snipes, but one roll was a "Festival Enterprises" policy trailer!

I've carefully unraveled it to see what it looked like, and following is a description of the animation:

1) a dark blue background appears.

2) An 80's style burst of "Lasers" spell out "Festival Enterprises". (If you remember the Lorimar-Telepictures TV logo from the 1980's where those two ribbons join together and "explode", that is similar to the "laser" effect used throughout the trailer.)

3) "Welcome to A" appears above the Festival Enterprises, and "Theatre" appears below, so it reads "Welcome To A Festival Enterprises Theatre".

4)The "Festival Enterprises" has some twinkling effect on the ends of the letters for a few seconds, then all lettering dissolves off the screen.

5) Another burst of 80's CG lasers spells out "Comfort and Enjoyment".

6) This dissloves out, a white flash appears in the top part of the frame to spell the word "Please".

7) That dissolves out, and "Smoking Is Permitted" dissolves in.

8) Another "white flash" spells out "In Outer Lobby Only". (The frame now reads "Smoking is permitted in outer lobby only".)

9) That dissolves out, and the frame is now just the blue background.

10) Another burst of CG lasers spells out "We Ask Your Cooperation"

11) This fades out, and a trash can dissolves into the frame, in a barrage of twinkling lights.

12) Another white flash spells out "Pitch In" next to the picture of a trash can.

13) That dissolves out, and "Thank You" appears in red.

14) That dissolves out, and another burst of lasers spells out "Perfect Gift"

15) A white flash spells out "Everyone Will Enjoy" beneath the "Perfect Gift". (Perfect Gift everyone will enjoy)

16) that text dissolves out, and a burst of twinkly lights form a "Festival Enterprises Inc." Gift Certificate.

17) The word "Birthdays" appears in the middle of the picture of the gift certificate.

18)A white flash changed "Birthdays" to "Holidays".

19) Another white flash changes "Holidays" into "Someone Special"

20) A white flash changes that into "Any Film".

21) White flash changes that to "Any Time"

22) That wording dissolves out and the picture of the gift certificate returns to it's original state. (The lettering appeared on the face of the GC, where the spiel about presenting it to the box office was)

23) "Inquire at Box Office or with Theatre Manager" dissolves in beneath the picture of the gift certificate.

24) The gift certificate dissolves away, and another burst of lasers spells out "FESTIVAL Game Palace"

25) Twinkly lights put "Luxurious" above the Game Palace.

26) More twinkly lights spell out "Corner of Blackstone and Escalon, in the Herb Bauer Sports Center" (Frame reads "Luxurious Festival Game Palace, Corner of Blackstone and Escalon in the Herb Bauer Sports Center)

27) Twinkly lights change the location to the words "Over 80 Newest and most popular video games"

28) More twinkly lights spell out "Finest In Family Entertainment" beneath the line about 80 video games.

29) All that dissolves out and more cheesy lasers spell out "Festival Enterprises".

30) "Feature Presentation" sort of zooms in beneath Festival Enterprises. (That effect where the outlines of the letters is all stretched out, then they shrink down so you can read what it says.)

31) There are twinkly effects on the ends of the letters, then the frame goes black.

Wish I could tell you how the sound goes, but I don't have access to a projector. [Frown]

|  IP: Logged

Scott D. Neff
Tour Guide

- posted May 01, 2003 08:56 PM      Profile for Scott D. Neff   Email Scott D. Neff         Edit/Delete Post 
Should anything tragic befall Daniel... I didn't do it...

But if something DOES happen... can I have it? HUH can I? HUH?!

[Big Grin]

(If you can't tell... I am drooling right now.)

Daniel Fuentz

- posted May 02, 2003 01:04 AM      Profile for Daniel Fuentz   Email Daniel Fuentz         Edit/Delete Post 
Scott.... When I unraveled that to look at it, I found there was at least one more print of the trailer in this roll of film. I'm not sure I want to get rid of either print yet, but if I decide to part with one I'll let you know. I still have no way of viewing the trailer though. Perhaps I could come up that way and you could "persuade" a manager who doesn't want a bad audit to let us watch this on one of their projectors. [Big Grin] The only bad thing is some fool cut off both leaders and put a hunk of MASKING TAPE to hold the end down. [Frown] There is some residue on the last part of the trailer wound on the outside, people at F-T think Filmguard would clean it off, though. (Unfortunately I don't have any of that on hand)

P.S. The construction crew DID take pictures of the place prior to removing anything. I'm trying to get copies of these last pictures of the building as a cinema for display here. As I said in my other post, ever piece of theater equipment was abandoned. The last crew working here didn't even bother to tear down a print which was still threaded on the projector! In the meantime, you've got my pictures of the platters and projectors stacked up in a corner of the auditorium...

[ May 02, 2003, 03:15 AM: Message edited by: Daniel Fuentz ]

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

© 1995-2013 Vision Entertainment Services. All rights reserved.