CinemaTour
Cinema History Around the World
 HOME ·· CINEMAS ·· FORUM ·· LINKS ·· BOOKS
 Contact Cinematour ·· Help & Hints ·· About Cinematour
Cinematour Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Cinematour Forum   » Cinema Yak   » Cinemas we've been in (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Cinemas we've been in
Brad Miller

- posted June 20, 2003 01:54 AM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow Mark, I've worked damn near every one of those theaters, and a lot more around the Dallas area that you didn't list. All the ones from your list below with a * I have worked at or done service work for.

Plitt Cameo/Collin Creek Twin (long demolished)
Plano 3 DI (long demolished)
*GCC Collin Creek 6 (closed)
*AMC Central Park 7 (closed)
*Loews Chisholm 5 (closed)
*UA Berkeley Square 8 (now Studio Movie Grill, haven't been since the conversion)
*Loews Preston Park 6 (closed)
*Cinemark Legacy 24
*Cinemark Tinseltown Plano
*Cinemark Movies 10 Plano
Loews Keystone Park
*GCC Richardson 6 (closed)
*UA Northstar 8
*Cinemark Hollywood USA
*UA Galaxy 9 (now 10)
Casa Linda 4
Medallion (closed--former single screen, split up into 5 auditoriums)
*GCC NorthPark I&II (closed--sigh)
*GCC NorthPark III&IV (closed)
*The United Artists/UA Plaza 8
*AMC Glen Lakes 8
Loews Park Central (closed)
*UA Cine I&II (closed--added about ten years to its lifespan by becoming an art house theater)
*Angelika Film Center
*The Magnolia
*Loews Cityplace
*AMC The Grand 24
*AMC Mesquite 30
*AMC Grapevine Mills 30
*AMC Prestonwood 5 (now a nightclub)
*UA Prestonwood 5/Studio Movie Grill (been to both incarnations)
*GCC Prestonwood 5 (closed)
*GCC Galleria 5 (closed)
*Landmark Inwood 3 (former single-screen)
*AMC/Regent Highland Park Village 4 (currently oldest continually operating theater in Dallas)
*GCC Carrolton 6 (closed)
*Cinemark Vista Ridge 12
*UA Lakepointe/Lewisville 10
UA Golden Triangle (can't remember if it was 4 or 5, not sure if it's still open)
*Either UA or AMC Hulen 10 (in Ft. Worth--been to one of them, can't remember which one, though)
*Cinemark McKinney Movies 14
Starplex Irving 10
Starplex Mesquite 10
GCC Valley View 2 (closed)

Then there's lots more I've worked at that you haven't been to:
UA Bowen 8
Loews 20/287
AMC Green Oaks 8 (now Movie Tavern)
Lowes Lincoln Square 10
Movies 4
Cinemark Grand Prairie 16
UA Grand Prairie
GCC Furneaux Creek (then Star, now Cinema Grill)
Cinemark Carrollton 8 (closed, now a church)
Plaza Theatre (single, now closed)
Cinemark 8 in Lewisville (not sure of exact name)
Rand 10 in Lewisville (closed)
Cinemark 17 Webb Chapel
Granada Theatre (single, now closed)
Lakewood Theatre
Major Theatre (single, now closed)
GCC Prestonwood 4
UA Skillman
West End 10
Carmike 5 in Denton
UNT Lyceum
UA Fossil Creek
Hollywood (in Burleson)
UA Las Vegas Trail 8
AMC Sundance
Ridglea
Wedgwood 4
Walnut Twin
Majestic 8
AMC Irving Mall 14 (ex-GCC)
GCC Irving Mall 1-3 (closed)
GCC Irving Mall 4-7 (closed)
UA Macarthur 16
Cinemark McKinney 14
Cinemark Big Town 9
GCC Town East 6
GCC Town East 5
UA Town East 6
Cinemark North Richland Hills
GCC Richardson Mall 3
Cinemark Rockwall 8
GCC 8 in Fort Worth mall on I-35W
GCC Red Bird 1-4
GCC Red Bird 5-10
Blockbuster screening room
Rowley screening room
Film-Tech screening room

...and of course that's just around the Dallas area (and I'm probably forgetting about some too). Little did you know I may have had something to do with your moviegoing experiences. (If only I had thought to take pictures.)

The GCC Northpark 1 & 2 was my baby. I operated there and was the technician for the last several years of it's existence. My member picture was taken on the last operating day of Northpark in the booth. That is Cinema 1's projector behind me. The movie running was Simon Birch.

So where's YOUR member picture? Don't make Adam come to Plano just to take one of you himself. (He'll do it, trust me!)

|  IP: Logged

Mark Richey

- posted June 20, 2003 06:53 AM      Profile for Mark Richey   Author's Homepage   Email Mark Richey         Edit/Delete Post 
Heh...actually, you listed a few theaters that I forgot to list. I went to one of the Town East theaters years and years ago, though I have no clue which one anymore. I also forgot an awful dollar theater in Lewisville I went to that has also since closed (thank goodness!). I think it was the SuperSaver or something like that. I didn't realize that GCC had two Prestonwood theaters. I'm not sure if I went to the 4-screen or the 5-screen (Whichever theater it was, I only went once, I think). I also made a couple trips as a kid to the UA Skillman, since my aunt used to live near it. And I don't know how I could have left off the Cinemark 17/IMAX. I'm usually out there at least once a month.

The NorthPark was a beautiful theater. I didn't get to go all that often, since I lived in Plano and, when I was in high school, I didn't see the logic of driving all the way down there when I could just go to the Loews Chisholm (which had the advantage of never carding--and I have my T2 ticket stub somewhere to prove it). I did take my cousin there a few times while babysitting him, but it wasn't until college that I truly realized what a great theater it was. I would have paid a great deal of money to see the Star Wars re-release there, but unfortunately, it would have cost me a great deal of money, since I was going to school in Missouri, and I don't think I could have explained to my parents why I was skipping classes and driving 10 hours one way to see a movie.

As for my pic, since I don't really post all that often, I figured I didn't need one, but if you insist, I'll rummage around here and see what I can find.

Adam Martin
Administrator

- posted June 20, 2003 09:35 AM      Profile for Adam Martin   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Martin         Edit/Delete Post 
Brad's not kidding about Cinematour staff stalking you for a member photo. Scott's going to Connecticut next month to get one of Roger Katz. [Uh-oh]

I have taken photos of almost all of the cinemas I've been in, so you can just go to www.cinematour.com for my list. [Big Grin]

Brad Miller

- posted June 20, 2003 12:51 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm in Plano all the time Adam. Shall I stalk this fellow and get his picture? [Big Grin]

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

© 1995-2013 Vision Entertainment Services. All rights reserved.