CinemaTour
Cinema History Around the World
 HOME ·· CINEMAS ·· FORUM ·· LINKS ·· BOOKS
 Contact Cinematour ·· Help & Hints ·· About Cinematour
Cinematour Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Cinematour Forum   » Cinema Yak   » No Pepsi? No Coke, either?

Author Topic: No Pepsi? No Coke, either?
Chuck Cook

- posted April 20, 2003 10:16 PM      Profile for Chuck Cook   Email Chuck Cook         Edit/Delete Post 
In the words of Paul Harvey, "here's a strange..."

I went to the Elk Rapids Cinema in Elk Rapids, MI yesterday and saw "Bringing Down the House" (good movie, btw). I hadn't been there in three years, and it was still the same (a TON of missing seats abd the backlight mural is in the midst of a two-year roofing repair project).

One thing that kinda amazed me was that they DON'T sell Pepsi or Coke.... Not even 7up/Dr. Pepper products. Instead, and I think this is a first, they only sell LOCAL pop products. They sell their own brand of pop called "Elk Rapids Cinema Director's Soda". I tried it with some cherry syrup from a local cherry farm, and it ain't bad.

Question is, is this a first? Comments?

|  IP: Logged

Daniel Fuentz

- posted April 20, 2003 10:22 PM      Profile for Daniel Fuentz   Email Daniel Fuentz         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow! The ONLY place selling soft drinks I ever knew about that didn't sell Coke/Pepsi was when Arby's restaurants sold RC Cola for a brief period in the 1990's. Every theater I've ever been in sold Coke or Pepsi.

Mike Rivest

- posted August 30, 2003 12:32 PM      Profile for Mike Rivest   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Rivest         Edit/Delete Post 
Up here, the Montreal Forum has been renamed Pepsi Forum Entertainment Center, but the biggest teneat is AMC with 22 screens and they serve Coke! [Razz]

Webmaster, the "additional Graemlins" link is not working

Adam Martin
Administrator

- posted August 30, 2003 11:09 PM      Profile for Adam Martin   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Martin         Edit/Delete Post 
There are no additional graemlins. [Smile]

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

© 1995-2013 Vision Entertainment Services. All rights reserved.