CinemaTour
Cinema History Around the World
 HOME ·· CINEMAS ·· FORUM ·· LINKS ·· BOOKS
 Contact Cinematour ·· Help & Hints ·· About Cinematour
Cinematour Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Cinematour Forum   » Cinema Yak   » Share your bad cinema experiences! (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Share your bad cinema experiences!
Kim Connell

- posted May 01, 2003 11:56 PM      Profile for Kim Connell   Email Kim Connell         Edit/Delete Post 
Yep, many of the 70-built Showcases STILL have the grey metallic corrugated steel walls. There is fiberglass behind them. Not the best idea. Many people complain of echoes, especially when modern Dolby surround sound is added. Metal walls and sound coming from all angles is not the best combination. [Frown]

|  IP: Logged

Christopher Crouch

- posted October 20, 2007 03:14 AM      Profile for Christopher Crouch   Email Christopher Crouch         Edit/Delete Post 
Not an experience I had as a moviegoer, but one I had the unfortunate opportunity to work.

AMC Fullerton 10, circa Summer 1996. The AC unit went down in auditorium 5 (mid size) during a sold out show. Not particularly unusual in itself, but the unit also started leaking water, providing a large portion of the audience with an unexpected shower. To compound matters, the doors jammed, basically locking patrons in the auditorium (they could have used the screen side exit door, but it wasn't something most people thought of). So, the audience was locked in a steaming hot room, with water and ceiling tile debris falling on them for a good thirty minutes. The issue wasn't noticed until a concession worker heard someone pounding on the door. Needless to say, the audience wasn't pleased when we finally popped the doors open. I'll never forget the look on their sweaty, wet, debris covered faces.

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

© 1995-2013 Vision Entertainment Services. All rights reserved.