CinemaTour
Cinema History Around the World
 HOME ·· CINEMAS ·· FORUM ·· LINKS ·· BOOKS
 Contact Cinematour ·· Help & Hints ·· About Cinematour
Cinematour Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Cinematour Forum   » Cinema Yak   » 70's Fabulous (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: 70's Fabulous
Scott D. Neff
Tour Guide

- posted February 14, 2003 05:23 PM      Profile for Scott D. Neff   Email Scott D. Neff         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh I love that Hoyt's tour that just posted. Damn I love the doors on those auditoriums. I think when I get stupid and rich I'll have all my doors detailed like a cheesy 70's multiplex.

|  IP: Logged

Adam Martin
Administrator

- posted February 14, 2003 11:24 PM      Profile for Adam Martin   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Martin         Edit/Delete Post 
Scott is talking about the Hoyts Cinema City 4.

I hope we're still friends when you're stupid and rich. [Big Grin]

Brad Miller

- posted February 14, 2003 11:38 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller         Edit/Delete Post 
You know I could've tormented more people to send in their pictures with that one!

Adam Martin
Administrator

- posted February 14, 2003 11:55 PM      Profile for Adam Martin   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Martin         Edit/Delete Post 
I know, but it was important to several people to get it available last night. I made a special update just for that.

At any rate, I have some installation photos from the Newport, Kentucky, and Gatlinburg, Tennessee, Imax theaters you can torment people with.

Daniel Fuentz

- posted April 07, 2003 12:40 AM      Profile for Daniel Fuentz   Email Daniel Fuentz         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, but I bet they still get people asking which is cinema #1. [Big Grin]

It's too bad all the really cheesy 70's multiplexes in this area are closed down. I used to love going to the UA Northgate with the funky red and orange plaid carpet, wood-grain formica counters and huge chandeliers with the fake crystal beads hanging down!

Dave Stambaugh

- posted April 07, 2003 09:07 AM      Profile for Dave Stambaugh   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Stambaugh         Edit/Delete Post 
I still maintain there was something in the drinking water during the 70s that made our entire population behave in very odd ways, affecting even movie theatre decor & furnishings. [Wink]

Daniel Fuentz

- posted April 07, 2003 11:42 AM      Profile for Daniel Fuentz   Email Daniel Fuentz         Edit/Delete Post 
Either that or people were getting decorating hints from "Laugh-In"! Talking of 70's cheesiness, has anyone here seen the webpage for the Gobbler Motel? I'll have to see if I can find that page again. That place makes the Hoyt's multiplex doors look quite normal by comparison.

Daryl C. W. O'Shea
Administrator

- posted April 07, 2003 12:43 PM      Profile for Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Email Daryl C. W. O'Shea         Edit/Delete Post 
What's wrong with red and orange plaid carpeting for a ceiling and wall covering? [Confused]

Adam Martin
Administrator

- posted April 07, 2003 06:58 PM      Profile for Adam Martin   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Martin         Edit/Delete Post 
It can't be "70's Fabulous" unless there is foil-backed wallpaper and wood paneling in the lobby.

(Where the heck are my lobby photos of the Kenwood Twin? ...)

Dan Wright

- posted April 16, 2003 05:10 PM      Profile for Dan Wright   Email Dan Wright         Edit/Delete Post 
Whats wrong with orange shag? Nothing if you can't get green or puple!!! [Big Grin]

Chuck Cook

- posted April 16, 2003 10:37 PM      Profile for Chuck Cook   Email Chuck Cook         Edit/Delete Post 
At least by the looks of things, the Cinema City is able to keep in business by showing art films. A hint for those operating those types of theatres in need of a cash flow...

Kim Connell

- posted May 01, 2003 11:47 PM      Profile for Kim Connell   Email Kim Connell         Edit/Delete Post 
70s fabulous = Showcase! My location has theaters with green AND gold/brown vinyl seats mixed together, blue dotted carpet that makes your eyes go buggy when you try to sweep up tiny popcorn kernals and the whole teal neon theme.

I have an old uniform... powder blue polyester usher jacket with white shirt that had a thin-stripe navy weave, dark navy tie with logo all over it (women wore an airline stewardess droopy bow). And of course, navy polyester pants with a powder blue racing stripe down the side of each leg. [Rolling on Floor Laughing] They used the same uniforms from the 70s until the mid-90s. OY! But the nostalgic value is pretty cool...

Daniel Fuentz

- posted May 02, 2003 12:15 AM      Profile for Daniel Fuentz   Email Daniel Fuentz         Edit/Delete Post 
Ooh, Ooh, Ooh, we need to get a tour of this theater posted!!! [Smile] (Maybe we could talk you into posing behind the snack bar wearing that groovy uniform?? [Rolling on Floor Laughing] Didn't think so. [Smile] )

Kim Connell

- posted May 03, 2003 09:56 PM      Profile for Kim Connell   Email Kim Connell         Edit/Delete Post 
There have been few decor upgrades to my theater, as far as I know. If you look up our stats, there have been many physical upgrades to the building itself. (5 screens to 15!) If you would like to see how it looks today, please email me through the website and I can hook you up. I'll grab my digital and snap a photo of the old uniform for you soon... [Razz]

Chuck Cook

- posted May 04, 2003 03:56 AM      Profile for Chuck Cook   Email Chuck Cook         Edit/Delete Post 
Just go to www.winterwaterwonderland.com and click on indoor theatres.

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

© 1995-2013 Vision Entertainment Services. All rights reserved.