CinemaTour
Cinema History Around the World
 HOME ·· CINEMAS ·· FORUM ·· LINKS ·· BOOKS
 Contact Cinematour ·· Help & Hints ·· About Cinematour
Cinematour Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Cinematour Forum   » Cinema Yak   » Some Tests (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: Some Tests
Brad Miller

- posted February 08, 2003 07:17 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller         Edit/Delete Post 
You're gonna break the Film-Tech servers using a Pacific time zone!!!

[Uh-oh] <----- cool graemlin!

|  IP: Logged

Roger Katz

- posted February 08, 2003 07:36 PM      Profile for Roger Katz   Email Roger Katz         Edit/Delete Post 
[Embarrassed] [Big Grin] [Mad] [Eek!] [Roll Eyes] [Rolling on Floor Laughing] [Confused] [Uh-oh]

Only 8 images allowed per post? What kind of raw deal is that?

Brad Miller

- posted February 09, 2003 04:07 AM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller         Edit/Delete Post 
Blame it on that Ian guy. He went berzerk a long time ago posting his vacation pictures and managed to crash a thread over on FT. Now pictures (which include graemlins) are limited to 8 to make sure that doesn't happen again.

In fact, anytime something is wrong, blame Ian for it. [Razz]

Adam Martin
Administrator

- posted February 09, 2003 11:52 AM      Profile for Adam Martin   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Martin         Edit/Delete Post 
Ian is such a troublemaker. [Big Grin] I should probably stop by and see a movie at his place today ...

Brad Miller

- posted February 09, 2003 06:22 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller         Edit/Delete Post 
Beware though, I think his nickname is Koko.

Adam Martin
Administrator

- posted February 09, 2003 06:32 PM      Profile for Adam Martin   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Martin         Edit/Delete Post 
Nope, didn't make it to the Rialto Cinemas Lakeside. [Frown] I was sitting in the Oakland History room of the Oakland library when my cell phone went off and a projectionist told me that one of the lamps in the Imax projector was flickering. Now I'm sitting here in the booth waiting for the next 3D show to see if anything explodes. [Uh-oh]

Hey ... you're not a Film Handler any more. Daryl must be playing with stuff today.

Brad Miller

- posted February 10, 2003 11:58 AM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller         Edit/Delete Post 
"New Member"??? That's the best you can do Daryl??? I would hope I'm at least some kind of senior tour guide by the time Adam and Scott come to visit, because if I'm not, then how am I supposed to be able to give them tours? [Confused]

Adam Martin
Administrator

- posted February 10, 2003 12:28 PM      Profile for Adam Martin   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Martin         Edit/Delete Post 
That's the default for the forum. You'll be a regular "Member" in 37 more posts.

*Waits for Brad to make 37 posts in the next five minutes with just graemlins* [Big Grin]

Daryl C. W. O'Shea
Administrator

- posted February 10, 2003 01:09 PM      Profile for Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Email Daryl C. W. O'Shea         Edit/Delete Post 
Damn, you two are picky!

He'll actually still be a new member in 37 posts. I couldn't remember what the other levels were... plus I had better things (person) to do. [Big Grin]

Daryl C. W. O'Shea
Administrator

- posted February 10, 2003 01:11 PM      Profile for Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Email Daryl C. W. O'Shea         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh no... Roger likes the spell check. I guess I'd better fix it so that it works when you have a blank line (enter) in your post.

edit: Here's an update on that. It doesn't work, I'm still lazy. Actually I just wanted to see if edit notification worked.

[ February 12, 2003, 03:14 AM: Message edited by: Daryl C. W. O'Shea ]

Adam Martin
Administrator

- posted February 10, 2003 01:15 PM      Profile for Adam Martin   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Martin         Edit/Delete Post 
I meant 37 *more* posts. Oh, never mind ... I see. I'll email you the member levels when I get in to work in a couple of hours.

*cough* image upload *cough* uploads, but doesn't display the photo. I assume that's an Intermittant access thing, though.

Scott Norwood

- posted February 10, 2003 01:32 PM      Profile for Scott Norwood   Author's Homepage   Email Scott Norwood         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, um, Adam, "intermittent" is, after all, a Win32 box. Did you actually expect it to work properly?

Brad--I'll make it to Dallas someday. I just haven't yet found a reason to go there besides "to see Brad's screening room."

Adam Martin
Administrator

- posted February 10, 2003 02:25 PM      Profile for Adam Martin   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Martin         Edit/Delete Post 
You should come down in March for the big tour, Scott! We'd love to have you along. Brad's gonna let me rub up against the new server. [Smile]

Daryl C. W. O'Shea
Administrator

- posted February 10, 2003 03:26 PM      Profile for Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Email Daryl C. W. O'Shea         Edit/Delete Post 
Image upload works intermittently.

Although it is a Win32 box, UBB seems to run a heck of a lot faster on it than a nix box -- even when running an empty board on FreeBSD. WTH's with that?

Adam, I though you were going to get it on with the server.

Scott Norwood

- posted February 10, 2003 05:38 PM      Profile for Scott Norwood   Author's Homepage   Email Scott Norwood         Edit/Delete Post 
Adam--I'd love to come then, but I already have plans for that weekend. [Frown]

Daryl--weird. Maybe Brad is fooling us and has some sort of dual-Xeon server running Windows and a wimpy 386 running *nix. Adam will have to investigate for us.

All times are Central
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

© 1995-2013 Vision Entertainment Services. All rights reserved.