CinemaTour
Cinema History Around the World
 HOME ·· CINEMAS ·· FORUM ·· LINKS ·· BOOKS
 Contact Cinematour ·· Help & Hints ·· About Cinematour
Cinematour Forum


  
my profile | my password | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Cinematour Forum   » Cinematour Discussion   » Vacation vs. Cinematour

   
Author Topic: Vacation vs. Cinematour
Scott D. Neff
Tour Guide

Posts: 661
From: San Francisco, CA
Registered: Feb 2003


 - posted March 22, 2011 10:18 PM      Profile for Scott D. Neff   Email Scott D. Neff         Edit/Delete Post 
So my mother has paid for me to go with her on a cruise. Mainly because I'm that awesome and entertaining, yeah, I said it. Anyway - one of our stops is Puerto Rico and instead of visiting the Bacardi distillery or going Zip-Lining... I want to rent a car and get some pictures for our Puerto Rico page.

Now there is a 60% chance I'll get off the boat and decide laying around and drinking would be time better spent. However, even if I do that the other 40% of me will be nagging at me to get in a damn car and go take pictures since I'm likely to never go to Puerto Rico again unless Southwest Airlines starts flying there.

So my plan is to rent a car and fill in some of our listings with photos. If any of you truly want me to have a vacation, please tell me you have a cache of photos you've neglected to mention that so happens to include EVERY theatre ever on the island of Puerto Rico.

Kthanksyerthebest.

 |  IP: Logged

Christopher Crouch
Member

Posts: 292
From: Anaheim, CA
Registered: Feb 2006


 - posted March 23, 2011 06:07 AM      Profile for Christopher Crouch   Email Christopher Crouch         Edit/Delete Post 
This sounds like one of those defining moments when you discover just how bad of an addiction/problem you have. Will you enjoy some relaxation and time with your mother? Or, will you cave in to the siren call of some long abandoned multiplex? Sun washed beach and the smell of rum? Or, boarded up boxoffice and the smell of mildew?

I'm predicting a recap of some mad dash, camera in hand, through the worst areas of San Juan, as your mother lounges on the beach solo.

 |  IP: Logged

Chris Utley
Senior Member

Posts: 631
From: Torrance, CA
Registered: May 2003


 - posted March 23, 2011 09:07 AM      Profile for Chris Utley   Author's Homepage   Email Chris Utley         Edit/Delete Post 
[Rolling on Floor Laughing]

Is it worth missing your cruise departure time to chase movie theatre pics? Is it worth leaving Mama hanging on a cruise ship so some dude 3 years younger than you can go cougar hunting using Mama as the prey?

Chill, dude. Enjoy your vacation. When y'all dock, hit up 1 or 2 theatres in town. Then get your @$$ back on the boat!

 |  IP: Logged

Scott D. Neff
Tour Guide

Posts: 661
From: San Francisco, CA
Registered: Feb 2003


 - posted March 25, 2011 11:53 AM      Profile for Scott D. Neff   Email Scott D. Neff         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh no! Momma is coming with me! We're gonna have plenty of time to relax, the boat doesn't leave until 10pm and I prolly won't wanna be out in PR after dark.

Also -- it's hard to find info on the closed multiplexes. So this would probably just be a trip to all of the Caribbean Cinemas open ones.

 |  IP: Logged

Edward Findlay
New Member

Posts: 5
From: Revere, MA
Registered: Feb 2011


 - posted March 25, 2011 07:03 PM      Profile for Edward Findlay   Email Edward Findlay         Edit/Delete Post 
The photography will be fun for you, but will it be for her? Have you asked what she would prefer?

 |  IP: Logged

Scott D. Neff
Tour Guide

Posts: 661
From: San Francisco, CA
Registered: Feb 2003


 - posted March 28, 2011 05:34 PM      Profile for Scott D. Neff   Email Scott D. Neff         Edit/Delete Post 
She said she's been to PR so many times she doesn't care.

 |  IP: Logged

Scott D. Neff
Tour Guide

Posts: 661
From: San Francisco, CA
Registered: Feb 2003


 - posted April 14, 2011 06:33 PM      Profile for Scott D. Neff   Email Scott D. Neff         Edit/Delete Post 
It seems impossible to get anything to map properly in PR using Streets & Trips, so this may put the kibosh on the whole endeavor.

[Shrug]

 |  IP: Logged

Chris Utley
Senior Member

Posts: 631
From: Torrance, CA
Registered: May 2003


 - posted April 21, 2011 09:24 AM      Profile for Chris Utley   Author's Homepage   Email Chris Utley         Edit/Delete Post 
Somehow, you'll survive!

[Rolling on Floor Laughing]

 |  IP: Logged

Scott D. Neff
Tour Guide

Posts: 661
From: San Francisco, CA
Registered: Feb 2003


 - posted May 02, 2011 11:17 AM      Profile for Scott D. Neff   Email Scott D. Neff         Edit/Delete Post 
That and we pulled into port so late I barely got to see PR... not that I cared, I don't think I'm an island time kinda guy.

 |  IP: Logged

Robert Crabtree
New Member

Posts: 20
From: Tampa, FL
Registered: Nov 2009


 - posted May 03, 2011 01:20 PM      Profile for Robert Crabtree   Email Robert Crabtree         Edit/Delete Post 
No coqui?
NO COQUITO?

 |  IP: Logged



All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

© 1995-2013 Vision Entertainment Services. All rights reserved.

Powered by Infopop Corporation
UBB.classicTM 6.3.1.2