CinemaTour
Cinema History Around the World
 HOME ·· CINEMAS ·· FORUM ·· LINKS ·· BOOKS
 Contact Cinematour ·· Help & Hints ·· About Cinematour
Cinematour Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Cinematour Forum   » Cinematour Discussion   » Submission Question (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Submission Question
Scott Polidore

- posted July 19, 2007 12:04 PM      Profile for Scott Polidore   Email Scott Polidore         Edit/Delete Post 
if you submit something to the site for inclusion,how long does it take before your pictures and or story is processed?

|  IP: Logged

David Au

- posted July 19, 2007 03:15 PM      Profile for David Au   Email David Au         Edit/Delete Post 
It could be a while. The moderator is probably busy. No one knows how long it might take. I'm sure there's a lot of stuff that is waiting to be updated.

Scott Polidore

- posted July 19, 2007 07:57 PM      Profile for Scott Polidore   Email Scott Polidore         Edit/Delete Post 
thanks so much for the insight. i was pretty lost on if there was a hold up or they were just busy. but much appreciated on the help

Scott D. Neff
Tour Guide

- posted July 20, 2007 09:36 AM      Profile for Scott D. Neff   Email Scott D. Neff         Edit/Delete Post 
It also really depends on how you submit it and how much touch up the photos might need to be best viewed. Lately the submissions have been going online fairly fast. Some of the older submissions might have gotten buried at the bottom of an ever growing to-do list.

Also, since Adam is a working man, a lot of updates get done on the weekend unless he's absolutely just sick and tired of looking at movie theatres.

I do know that I provided him with a few hundred publicity photos of old Drive-Ins and Century domes that he needs to archive and scan so they can be posted.

Jeff Arellano

- posted July 20, 2007 07:35 PM      Profile for Jeff Arellano   Email Jeff Arellano         Edit/Delete Post 
Adam, get sick of movie theatres?
I cant see that happening!

Scott Polidore

- posted July 21, 2007 11:30 PM      Profile for Scott Polidore   Email Scott Polidore         Edit/Delete Post 
wouldnt it be a heck of a lot simpler to let us upload pictures to ur own respective folders for each theater we have set up for them?

my pics dont need to be touched,i made sure to send the best ones and tried like hell to make them small enough to make it easier on the man.

Scott Polidore

- posted July 22, 2007 05:19 PM      Profile for Scott Polidore   Email Scott Polidore         Edit/Delete Post 
man, he's been workin over time. i count at least 10 new submissions. bravo to the webmaster

Chris Utley

- posted July 23, 2007 08:07 PM      Profile for Chris Utley   Author's Homepage   Email Chris Utley         Edit/Delete Post 
I sent my pics a week ago. First saw them online today. That didn't take too long.

Scott Polidore

- posted July 23, 2007 08:19 PM      Profile for Scott Polidore   Email Scott Polidore         Edit/Delete Post 
inglewood?!?! my god,i was born and raised in los angeles. small world

Chris Utley

- posted July 24, 2007 08:35 AM      Profile for Chris Utley   Author's Homepage   Email Chris Utley         Edit/Delete Post 
1/2 of the guys who post at CinemaTour are from LA and surrounding areas.

Mark Campbell

- posted July 24, 2007 08:54 AM      Profile for Mark Campbell   Email Mark Campbell         Edit/Delete Post 
Chris, what pictures did you submit?

David Au

- posted July 24, 2007 04:19 PM      Profile for David Au   Email David Au         Edit/Delete Post 
I believe it was AMC Citywalk.

Scott Polidore

- posted July 24, 2007 08:39 PM      Profile for Scott Polidore   Email Scott Polidore         Edit/Delete Post 
you're right chris. but i went to school in inglewood.....most are from so cal but everyone seems to claim l.a.

Dave Stambaugh

- posted July 29, 2007 07:51 PM      Profile for Dave Stambaugh   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Stambaugh         Edit/Delete Post 
Anyone know why mail I try to send to the newsroom@ address is bouncing back? Appears to be a DNS problem of some kind.

quote:
The following addresses had fatal errors:
newsroom@______: 550 [PERMFAIL] destination not valid within DNS

Scott Polidore

- posted July 30, 2007 03:08 PM      Profile for Scott Polidore   Email Scott Polidore         Edit/Delete Post 
i cant only think that the mailbox was full or theres a serious error within one of the servers

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

© 1995-2013 Vision Entertainment Services. All rights reserved.