HOME ·· CINEMAS ·· FORUM ·· LINKS ·· BOOKS
 Contact Cinematour ·· Help & Hints ·· About Cinematour
Cinematour Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Cinematour Forum   » Cinematour Discussion   » Rome

Author Topic: Rome
Carroll H. Rasch

- posted September 03, 2006 02:11 PM      Profile for Carroll H. Rasch   Email Carroll H. Rasch         Edit/Delete Post 
Would you like pictures of Cinecitta studios ? That may be outside the interest of this web site.

Sooo much going on.

CHR

|  IP: Logged

Adam Martin
Administrator

- posted September 03, 2006 03:11 PM      Profile for Adam Martin   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Martin         Edit/Delete Post 
As in film studios? Probably not for the main site, but feel free to post the photos in this thread. They would be interesting to see.

Carroll H. Rasch

- posted September 04, 2006 08:06 PM      Profile for Carroll H. Rasch   Email Carroll H. Rasch         Edit/Delete Post 
OK on Cinecitta... understood. I will see if I can collect a few cinemas in Rome. I will be in Rome for a month soon and will keep a camera in my pocket. Hey, I never intend to have those interminable ruminations about the theater pictures I have sent you to be put up. I just send them along to put the pictures into some neighborhood context you might enjoy reading. If I were serious, there would be no profanity, laughter, or social critique of the neighborhoods or etc. Anyway, it is fun to remember and share.

CHR [evil devil]

Carroll H. Rasch

- posted February 06, 2007 01:52 PM      Profile for Carroll H. Rasch   Email Carroll H. Rasch         Edit/Delete Post 
Rome was great during the Rome Film Festival. Without a previous letter or admission or .... whatever, I could not get into Cinecitta. The guards chased me. "This is a place for work ! Not for seeing... no tourists...Not for you." Reminded me of "NO SOUP FOR YOU !!" Huge sets for the HBO series "Rome." Amazing.

Anyhow, I got a few shots of the displays in the city for the Film Festival. I am not a celebrity chaser...IF they want a beer with me, fine. I could still feel the warmth of Nicole Kidman rolling off the Red Carpet.... like a warm fog rolling off a glacier. I inhaled.

I think I got all of the cinemas in Rome that were listed in any periodical.

I realize I missed some that were closed. I did not build an adequate list before going over, could not get connected on computer and refused to sit in an internet cafe for even 30 seconds.

...will be in Paris soon for a while. Anything you need? I will be up in the 18th arr. I am building on your list. Let's see what happens. I am still puzzled by the situation at the Grand Ecran down on Place d'Italie. Strange. It certainly did not go broke. I am guessing it is real estate / rent /contract greed.

CHR freezing in Saint Louis Park.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

© 1995-2013 Vision Entertainment Services. All rights reserved.