CinemaTour
Cinema History Around the World
 HOME ·· CINEMAS ·· FORUM ·· LINKS ·· BOOKS
 Contact Cinematour ·· Help & Hints ·· About Cinematour
Cinematour Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Cinematour Forum   » Cinematour Discussion   » Stop stealing my photographs!

Author Topic: Stop stealing my photographs!
Roger Katz

- posted April 07, 2006 08:44 PM      Profile for Roger Katz   Email Roger Katz         Edit/Delete Post 
If you are going to use this website, especially for commercial purposes, please read the rules!

quote:
Photos remain the property of the Member and may not be reproduced without the written consent of the Member.
quote:
This is for personal, non-commercial use. (All information on the web site, including news, photographs, images, video or illustrations, shall be known as the "Material".) The Material is protected by copyright and owned and controlled by Vision or the party credited as the provider of the content, software or source materials. Users shall abide by all copyright notices or restrictions contained in any Material accessed through this web site.
This seems pretty clear to me. Why don't Crown Theatres, the Canaan Colonial Theatre, and WTNH News Channel 8 think these rules apply to them? All three have recently used my photographs, taken from this website, without my permission. It isn't that hard to get permission, folks. Save the Elm, A&E Network, Play Magazine, and Walgreens Pharmacy all managed to find a way to contact me to use my photos. I always give permission for photos to be used, but please ask first!
[/rant]

|  IP: Logged

Daniel Fuentz

- posted April 13, 2006 01:52 AM      Profile for Daniel Fuentz   Email Daniel Fuentz         Edit/Delete Post 
I doubt the people stealing those pictures even visited the website proper, much less bothered to read the terms of use. Google image search can be your enemy, sometimes...

I presume you've contacted some of these offenders about the theft of your property?

Mada Oleksy

- posted May 11, 2006 05:08 PM      Profile for Mada Oleksy           Edit/Delete Post 
Hi there,

I have a following problem. I am currently writing an article about old art houses in Melbourne, Australia and I would like to use some photos of Ken Roe which are in Cinematour database but I have no clue how I can contact him to ask for his permission. I tried to find any information about him on this webpage but I couldn't. Is there anyone who knows how to find a member to ask for his consent? I'd appreciate your help.
Mada
ps. my article will be published on non-commercial webpage about Melbourne

Jim Rankin
(Jim passed away in December 2006)

- posted May 12, 2006 11:59 AM      Profile for Jim Rankin   Email Jim Rankin         Edit/Delete Post 
It is good of you to want to get permission; so many people don't even bother. In case Ken doesn't see your query, here is his E-mail:

[From the Administration: Posting email addresses publicly is not recommended. Please use the search link at the top of the page to find a post and click the "Who" or "Email" link.]

[ May 13, 2006, 12:18 AM: Message edited by: Adam Martin ]

Ron Keillor

- posted May 12, 2006 03:26 PM      Profile for Ron Keillor   Email Ron Keillor         Edit/Delete Post 
Or find a member's post and click on the "Who?" symbol, that will lead to the member's information and allow you to forward a personal message.

Mada Oleksy

- posted May 15, 2006 02:55 AM      Profile for Mada Oleksy           Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for your response!!! Unfortunately it seems that Ken is not a registered member but I managed to find his email address somewhere else. I've already sent a message but he has not answered yet.
Anyway thanks once again!

Ken Roe

- posted May 16, 2006 02:54 PM      Profile for Ken Roe   Author's Homepage   Email Ken Roe         Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Mada,
I have just seen this message thread. Up to this moment as I write this, I have not recieved an e-mail from you. I look forward to receiving your request and helping out.

Mada Oleksy

- posted May 16, 2006 06:43 PM      Profile for Mada Oleksy           Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Ken,
I'm so glad that you saw my posts on this forum! I sent you an email to the address that I found on cinema treasures web site. I'll send you a private message but later this day because I have to go back to work. Cheers.

Ken Layton

- posted June 10, 2006 11:47 PM      Profile for Ken Layton   Email Ken Layton         Edit/Delete Post 
I see that someone by the name of "Jeff Edling" has been stealing some of my Washington state drive-in theater photos and submitting them to drive-ins.com as his own. I did NOT give anyone named Jeff Edling permission to use any of my photos.

Adam Martin
Administrator

- posted June 11, 2006 12:16 AM      Profile for Adam Martin   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Martin         Edit/Delete Post 
I seem to recall that name coming up previously. I have emailed drive-ins.com a couple of times regarding stolen photos and she doesn't seem to care to do anything about it.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

© 1995-2013 Vision Entertainment Services. All rights reserved.