CinemaTour
Cinema History Around the World
 HOME ·· CINEMAS ·· FORUM ·· LINKS ·· BOOKS
 Contact Cinematour ·· Help & Hints ·· About Cinematour
Cinematour Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Cinematour Forum   » Cinematour Discussion   » What size/colour depth photos are best.

Author Topic: What size/colour depth photos are best.
Ken Hamer

- posted September 19, 2005 02:11 AM      Profile for Ken Hamer   Email Ken Hamer         Edit/Delete Post 
Forgive this newbie if this question has been answered elsewhere, though I've not been able to find it. I'm wondering what's best for web site photos that I'd like to submit.

I'm guessing that by the time you shrink/compress a 4096x4096 TruColor image that takes up zillions of megabytes to a 50K 300x300 jpeg, you lose a lot of, well, um, let's just say "detail." Seems to me that the other end of the spectrum might be a better place to start.

In my case, that would probably be a 640x480 jpeg direct from my digital camera. Seems to me that while the overall original quality wouldn't be as good as a "professional" quality image, for display on a web site, it would be vastly better, and easier on the back (er, I mean, the storage space.)

As someone who just discovered this great site, and who travels extensively to both big cities and remote outposts all over the world, and who has a fascination with cinemas, I'd like to contribute a fair bit of material.

So any other advice for contributors would be apprediated. (I've already been through the "ask permission?" thread, but I'm more interested in the technical details.)

Ken Hamer
Vancouver, BC

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

© 1995-2013 Vision Entertainment Services. All rights reserved.