CinemaTour
Cinema History Around the World
 HOME ·· CINEMAS ·· FORUM ·· LINKS ·· BOOKS
 Contact Cinematour ·· Help & Hints ·· About Cinematour
Cinematour Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Cinematour Forum   » Cinematour Discussion   » Overwhelming Newsroom Inbox (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Overwhelming Newsroom Inbox
Adam Martin
Administrator

- posted June 19, 2005 10:29 PM      Profile for Adam Martin   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Martin         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I'm shocked ... to see there's actually cinemas out there I've taken pictures of and you haven't.
Yet! [Razz] I'm coming back to Iowa soon ... you should come dorking with me!

Today I did the following states:
AZ, NM, IA, WI, NC, SC, VA, WV, GA, FL, AL, MS, AR, and LA

Last night, I saw Mr. & Mrs. Smith and Batman Begins. They both kicked ass.

|  IP: Logged

The Evil Sam Graham

- posted June 20, 2005 03:42 PM      Profile for The Evil Sam Graham   Author's Homepage   Email The Evil Sam Graham         Edit/Delete Post 
Absolutely.

WE BE DORKIN' (la la la la la la)

Dan Wright

- posted July 25, 2005 04:36 PM      Profile for Dan Wright   Email Dan Wright         Edit/Delete Post 
So how is the Inbox coming? I have a few photos of theatres I took in Calcutta India I want to send in.

Joe Vogel

- posted July 25, 2005 11:08 PM      Profile for Joe Vogel   Email Joe Vogel         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
If Mickey were ever to fall into the Public Domain, his image could be used by anyone at anytime for any reason and Disney would be ruined.
There was never any danger of Micky Mouse falling into the public domain. Micky is trademarked, and trademarks can be renewed in perpetuity as long as they are actively used by the holder. The Disney company know this perfectly well when they were using the supposed threat to Micky as an argument for extending the terms of copyrights. Even if "Steamboat Willie" had entered the public domain in 2004, Micky himself would still have been a trademarked image, and nobody could have made any new material featuring him (other than parodies, of course, which are permitted under the laws governing both trademarks and copyrights.) The reason Disney used the supposed threat of Micky being kidnapped by pirates in its arguments was to elicit sympathy for their desire to extend the terms of copyrights. What decent person would want to see Mickey being abused by pirates?

On the subject of the boilerplate in the TOS at Cinema Treasures (and almost every other web-publishing site I've seen): The key words are non exclusive! They are merely covering their asses, not excluding the author's rights to use their work themselves. LiveJournal has the same agreement with users in its TOS, and I still own everything I've ever posted to the site. Granting them a non-exclusive right to distribute the stuff means that they could, in theory, stick my posts in an e-book and sell them, but why the hell would they want to? If there were a market for my blatherings, I wouldn't be posting them on a web site to begin with.

Scott D. Neff
Tour Guide

- posted August 08, 2005 11:36 AM      Profile for Scott D. Neff   Email Scott D. Neff         Edit/Delete Post 
I hope everybody is enjoying the updates as of late. I've noticed many new tours popping up and some of the basic database updates are being processed now.

Yay for Adam! [thumbs up]

Tom Mundell

- posted August 09, 2005 12:47 PM      Profile for Tom Mundell   Author's Homepage   Email Tom Mundell         Edit/Delete Post 
great work [thumbs up] I noticed some of my photos have recently appeared, too...

Is there a listing that shows all of the photos recently added? Looks like the front page only lists tours that are more extensive...

Scott D. Neff
Tour Guide

- posted August 09, 2005 10:19 PM      Profile for Scott D. Neff   Email Scott D. Neff         Edit/Delete Post 
I've been bugging Adam to make the website automatically post what listings have been updated, but he keeps claiming it would take too much time to write the code. Excuses!!! [Razz]

Whenever I see massive updates, I consider it my turn to sit down and go through all 50 states and figure out what he changed. Sort of like looking at the panel in the Sunday Funnies "Find 6 things different between these two pictures."

Dan Wright

- posted September 01, 2005 04:06 PM      Profile for Dan Wright   Email Dan Wright         Edit/Delete Post 
Can I still submit photos, I have a number of pictures from Calcutta India?

George Gates

- posted September 02, 2005 12:28 PM      Profile for George Gates           Edit/Delete Post 
I'd like to see people post links to off-site gallery pages, so we can see the photos right away. (full size would be nice) There's a site called WebShots that is good for this purpose.

BTW, I couldn't find Calcutta listed under India. Where is it?

Dan Wright

- posted September 02, 2005 06:14 PM      Profile for Dan Wright   Email Dan Wright         Edit/Delete Post 
Calcutta is one spelling. On a newer map it's spelled Kolkata. It is in west Bengal on a tribuatary of the Ganges called the Hoogly. Population is around 10 million although that is conservitive.

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

© 1995-2013 Vision Entertainment Services. All rights reserved.