CinemaTour
Cinema History Around the World
 HOME ·· CINEMAS ·· FORUM ·· LINKS ·· BOOKS
 Contact Cinematour ·· Help & Hints ·· About Cinematour
Cinematour Forum
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | my password | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Cinematour Forum   » Cinematour Discussion   » How to post a picture? (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: How to post a picture?
Charles Boos

- posted March 08, 2005 09:52 PM      Profile for Charles Boos   Email Charles Boos         Edit/Delete Post 
I have pictures of at least three Chicago cinemas to post. I am new here. What is the procedure?

|  IP: Logged

Norman Plant

- posted March 09, 2005 07:44 PM      Profile for Norman Plant   Email Norman Plant         Edit/Delete Post 
It appears recently that unless you are a member of the inner circle, nothing gets posted.

Adam Martin
Administrator

- posted March 09, 2005 10:04 PM      Profile for Adam Martin   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Martin         Edit/Delete Post 
There is no inner circle.

Quite simply, I'm the only one here able to perform any updates. I've been working on several very large projects, including converting the 20,000 photos on the site to the new database as well as cross-referencing a couple of other sites that we partner with.

Another project involves Scott Neff and myself dealing with several theater circuits who have given us temporary permission to photograph their theaters. It's important that we get this done while we are still able to do it.

There's also a major project being developed that will significantly increase the photographic coverage in the southern states.

These large projects have become so overwhelming that I had to take down the email links from the site because my inbox had become ridiculous. Emails take a lot longer to process because the information needs to be verified before it can go on the site, and often further in-depth research needs to be done.

And then there's my regular day job that pays my rent.

So, as you can see, my little hobby has grown (at least temporarily) out of control. Unfortunately, there really isn't a good way to implement a method for someone else to help me out with the site updates. So you're just gonna have to cut me a little slack for a while longer and lay off the "inner circle" comments.

Photos and updates can still be emailed to newsroom@cinematour.com, but it's honestly going to be a while before I can start processing email submissions. In the meantime, the emails will queue up and continue to be backed up regularly so that they don't get lost.

David Wodeyla

- posted March 10, 2005 03:05 AM      Profile for David Wodeyla   Author's Homepage   Email David Wodeyla         Edit/Delete Post 
I've posted photos in the forum, so if you want, try it that way. At least the readers (like me) will have something new to look at.
Here's a picture of the Boston Metropolitan, later the Music Hall, now the Wang Center.
 -

Mark Hajducki

- posted March 10, 2005 04:10 AM      Profile for Mark Hajducki   Email Mark Hajducki         Edit/Delete Post 
What is the best way to submit a list of cinemas for the main city by city listings? (so as to avoid a lot of extra work on your part)

Adam Martin
Administrator

- posted March 10, 2005 11:25 AM      Profile for Adam Martin   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Martin         Edit/Delete Post 
The only way to get anything added to the site (be it photos or new listings) is to email the newsroom. Photos and information posted on the forum will not make it onto the main site.

Ron Newman

- posted March 10, 2005 01:52 PM      Profile for Ron Newman   Email Ron Newman         Edit/Delete Post 
Just beyond the Metropolitan, on the same side of the street, is the much smaller Wilbur Theatre. This has always been a live stage, never a movie theatre.

On the left side of the street, across from Union Savings Bank, you can just barely make out the word MAJESTIC at the top of a building wall. This is the Majestic Theatre, renamed the Saxon in the late 1950s when Sack Theatres bought it from the Shuberts. Emerson College bought it from Sack in 1983, restored it, and renamed it the Emerson Majestic. It's now officially the "Cutler Majestic Theatre at Emerson College", named after a major donor.

Norman Plant

- posted March 10, 2005 04:00 PM      Profile for Norman Plant   Email Norman Plant         Edit/Delete Post 
Adam, I wish to apoligize for my previous post. It's been a very difficult period at work and I let my frustration get the best of me. Continue the good work.

Scott D. Neff
Tour Guide

- posted March 10, 2005 06:27 PM      Profile for Scott D. Neff   Email Scott D. Neff         Edit/Delete Post 
Mark -- if your question about the best way to submit information is more about the best FORMAT by which to present that information, it always helps to include as much information as possible.

Whenever I e-mail Adam about any changes that need to be made, I'll always include the record number of the theatre I'm speaking of, the name of the theatre, the city & state, and what needs to be changed about it.

For instance,

#17172 - Watts Theatre - Osage, IL
Opened 1945... blah blah blah blah blah.

That way Adam can easily make the change in the database, and he knows WHICH Watts Theatre you're talking about. Often times people send in e-mails saying "Your listing for the Orpheum is wrong, it is not closed, it is still open." and Adam just sits there staring at the screen wondering how on Earth he should know WHICH Orpheum the e-mail is referring to.

Hope this helps.

David Wodeyla

- posted March 11, 2005 07:56 AM      Profile for David Wodeyla   Author's Homepage   Email David Wodeyla         Edit/Delete Post 
Is there any reason why the folks don't just post pictures here on the forum with a little information?

Scott D. Neff
Tour Guide

- posted March 11, 2005 09:12 AM      Profile for Scott D. Neff   Email Scott D. Neff         Edit/Delete Post 
There is no reason at all that I can think of as long as everything stays organized in a thread. So if you're eager to show off some photos that haven't made it onto the site yet, start a new topic and post a few.

Just remember to send the originals to newsroom@cinematour.com. [Smile]

Roger Katz

- posted March 11, 2005 12:43 PM      Profile for Roger Katz   Email Roger Katz         Edit/Delete Post 
Because it's a pain in the ass to try to post pictures on the forums. I'm never able to get the photo the right size for the forums to accept.

Brad Miller

- posted March 11, 2005 03:54 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller         Edit/Delete Post 
Uploaded pictures may be no wider than 550 pixels.

Still, be sure to send the original resolution file to Adam so he can properly archive it. [Smile]

Kyle Fee

- posted March 19, 2005 09:00 AM      Profile for Kyle Fee   Email Kyle Fee         Edit/Delete Post 
Best of luck in getting all the photos and updates posted so people can start submitting again. Whenever I know I'm going to be passing through some town, I like to check out the site to see what theatres have't been documented yet. It's turned into kind of a treasure hunt tracking down these old theatres. You get these bemused looks when you stop in to ask some elderly librarian for directions to a theatre that hasn't been in operation since silents.

Brad Miller

- posted March 19, 2005 12:57 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller         Edit/Delete Post 
If anyone has theater tours that include at least a few pictures of the projection booth, you may email them to newsroom@cinematour.com and CC me on the email. (My email address is here.)

Since Adam and I both have the same picture sizing standard and share tours back and forth between sites, once I prep the photo tour it will be nothing more for Adam to do than dump it into his database to get it added here...potentially MUCH faster.

Please remember I only show tours that include projection booth pictures. If you have a tour that does not show the booth, please send only to newsroom@cinematour.com and be patient. I'm quite busy myself, but do strive to keep the "daily update" running on my site.

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

© 1995-2013 Vision Entertainment Services. All rights reserved.