CinemaTour
Cinema History Around the World
 HOME ·· CINEMAS ·· FORUM ·· LINKS ·· BOOKS
 Contact Cinematour ·· Help & Hints ·· About Cinematour
Cinematour Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Cinematour Forum   » Cinematour Discussion   » Research and Photo Trip to Orlando, FL

Author Topic: Research and Photo Trip to Orlando, FL
Scott D. Neff
Tour Guide

- posted January 07, 2005 09:05 PM      Profile for Scott D. Neff   Email Scott D. Neff         Edit/Delete Post 
I'll be making a trip to Orlando to get some of Cinematour's very first photos of Florida.

I'll be there Feb 11-14th.

In the meantime I'm trying to arrange some tours, so if anybody out there knows a friendly theatre owner or manager, speak up!

|  IP: Logged

Adam Martin
Administrator

- posted September 14, 2005 06:12 PM      Profile for Adam Martin   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Martin         Edit/Delete Post 
421 photos from Scott's recent trip to Orlando and Tampa are now online.

Don't miss the Tampa Theatre tour.

Jim Rankin
(Jim passed away in December 2006)

- posted September 15, 2005 04:36 AM      Profile for Jim Rankin   Email Jim Rankin         Edit/Delete Post 
Indeed, you shouldn't miss the Tampa Theatre tour; Scott is to be praised for the fine photos of this "Anadalusian Bon-bon" as the late Ben M. Hall forever christened it in his landmark book: "The Best Remaining Seats" in 1961. For those who forgot their geography, Andalusia is a district in Spain, and for those not a terrible 'sweet tooth' as I am, 'Bon-bons' are little balls of soft, sweet somethings coated in chocolate or another flavor of glaze, hard to find now, but a favorite of the 19th century! The term means "good, good" in French.

That photo of the double-headed drinking fountain is especially good, in that it records what may be a one-of-a-kind, with the two water heads apparently voiding down into an ornate bowl.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

© 1995-2013 Vision Entertainment Services. All rights reserved.