CinemaTour
Cinema History Around the World
 HOME ·· CINEMAS ·· FORUM ·· LINKS ·· BOOKS
 Contact Cinematour ·· Help & Hints ·· About Cinematour
Cinematour Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Cinematour Forum   » Cinematour Discussion   » Cinematour desktop wallpapers (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Cinematour desktop wallpapers
Adam Martin
Administrator

- posted November 27, 2004 12:03 PM      Profile for Adam Martin   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Martin         Edit/Delete Post 
Does anyone actually use the desktop wallpapers that I've been preparing for a year now?

(Waits for everyone to go, "There are wallpapers?")

|  IP: Logged

Roger Katz

- posted November 27, 2004 05:56 PM      Profile for Roger Katz   Email Roger Katz         Edit/Delete Post 
No. [Shrug]

Scott Norwood

- posted November 29, 2004 07:31 AM      Profile for Scott Norwood   Author's Homepage   Email Scott Norwood         Edit/Delete Post 
There are wallpapers? And, wow, I took the photo for the December one. Cool!

Jeff Arellano

- posted November 29, 2004 06:05 PM      Profile for Jeff Arellano   Email Jeff Arellano         Edit/Delete Post 
There are Wallpapers?!!!!!!!

And when are the 2005 ones going to be up Adam sir?

Scott D. Neff
Tour Guide

- posted November 29, 2004 11:39 PM      Profile for Scott D. Neff   Email Scott D. Neff         Edit/Delete Post 
You know me - I'd much rather use theatre carpet as my desktop wallpaper.

I promise if you put something cheesy on January's, I'll use it.

Adam Martin
Administrator

- posted November 30, 2004 12:23 AM      Profile for Adam Martin   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Martin         Edit/Delete Post 
The wallpapers come out once a month, if I decide to continue them. January's is done, but I can't remember what I chose for it (but I know it's not theater carpet). You'll have to check back on December 21 when it appears.

Mike Olpin

- posted November 30, 2004 07:11 PM      Profile for Mike Olpin   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Olpin         Edit/Delete Post 
It depends on the theatre. Here are the ones I have displayed:

Rialto
One Colorado
Lido
York
Hayden Orpheum

I like the wallpapers becase you get to see higher resolution pictures than what is usually dispayed on the site.

My only issue is with the callendar. I'm on a mac, and we macheads traditionally line our icons down the right hand side.

Adam Martin
Administrator

- posted November 30, 2004 09:09 PM      Profile for Adam Martin   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Martin         Edit/Delete Post 
Here's my answer: Wallpapers are EVIL! They suck up system resources and I never see my desktop anyway. Then again, I just ordered a new Dell and I may start enjoying my 1GB of memory. (So, if anyone would like to help defray the cost of Cinematour's new computer, feel free to order a shirt from the store [Smile] )

Jeff Arellano

- posted November 30, 2004 09:25 PM      Profile for Jeff Arellano   Email Jeff Arellano         Edit/Delete Post 
Macs....ewwwww.....

I dont use any wallpapers due to the memory issue, but if there was a great pic i would use it....

William Hooper

- posted December 01, 2004 12:03 AM      Profile for William Hooper   Email William Hooper         Edit/Delete Post 
Wallpapers?

You're supposed to use plaster over lath with ornaments from Decorators Supply .

Brad Miller

- posted December 02, 2004 12:45 AM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller         Edit/Delete Post 
I would if you would offer the wallpapers in a proper size.

3840 x 1024 please. [Smile]

Adam Martin
Administrator

- posted December 02, 2004 04:08 PM      Profile for Adam Martin   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Martin         Edit/Delete Post 
Blah! You and your 3-panel Cinerama desktop.

The Evil Sam Graham

- posted December 03, 2004 08:52 PM      Profile for The Evil Sam Graham   Author's Homepage   Email The Evil Sam Graham         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow. Didn't I send the November pic to cinematour as a 561 x 382 JPG? But you can download it as 1600 x 1200?

I suppose I should be sending larger images then...

...And yes, I do use wallpaper, but not these (and I did know they were there). My wallpaper is usually a small image set at normal size in the center of the screen, like a little window out.

But come to think of it, I think I WILL download December's and print it out to paper. Might look nice on the cubicle wall.

Brad Light

- posted January 06, 2005 06:47 AM      Profile for Brad Light   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Light         Edit/Delete Post 
I just joined up with this bunch of hooligans. I love the wallpapers. Would any one like a shot of Commonwealth yellow/orange or blue/green carpet?

William Overby

- posted February 02, 2005 11:31 AM      Profile for William Overby   Author's Homepage   Email William Overby         Edit/Delete Post 
So what has happened to the desktop wallpapers? I went to get February's and I can't find the page.

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

© 1995-2013 Vision Entertainment Services. All rights reserved.