CinemaTour
Cinema History Around the World
 HOME ·· CINEMAS ·· FORUM ·· LINKS ·· BOOKS
 Contact Cinematour ·· Help & Hints ·· About Cinematour
Cinematour Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Cinematour Forum   » Cinematour Discussion   » Any Canadian Movie Theatre buffs out there ?

Author Topic: Any Canadian Movie Theatre buffs out there ?
Chad Irish

- posted November 10, 2004 09:04 PM      Profile for Chad Irish   Email Chad Irish         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey eveyone im pretty "NEW" here. Im a movie theater buff and I want to know if there are any Canadian movie theater buffs out there ? I also want to know how do you add a movie theater on the list of Canadian theaters also adding pictures too ?

There is a great place called "The Movie Palace" in Hamilton Ontario Canada on the Hamilton Mountain located at 326 Concession Street. It used to be called the Mountain Cinema. But now its called The Movie Palace. Its an all Digital theater. Click H [Smile] ere
Post a message here & Thanks.

|  IP: Logged

Roger Katz

- posted November 11, 2004 04:30 AM      Profile for Roger Katz   Email Roger Katz         Edit/Delete Post 
You can submit factual information and photos of cinemas to the newsroom@cinematour.com address.

I'm not from Canada, but I do plan to take a trip up to Montreal within the next year to photograph theatres there.

Daryl C. W. O'Shea
Administrator

- posted November 11, 2004 04:39 AM      Profile for Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Email Daryl C. W. O'Shea         Edit/Delete Post 
What does going to Montreal have to do with going to Canada? [Wink]

Mountain Theatre - 526 Concession #1745

Chad Irish

- posted November 11, 2004 10:00 AM      Profile for Chad Irish   Email Chad Irish         Edit/Delete Post 
Thats right...
Alot of people who live in Canada think that Quebec is not part of Canada at all. But Quebec really is part of Canada. Quebec has wanted to seperate from the rest of the country for a very long time. [Uh-oh]

Mike Rivest

- posted April 03, 2005 06:03 PM      Profile for Mike Rivest   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Rivest         Edit/Delete Post 
Mr Katz
I see that you are coming to Montreal on a photo trip

before you set off

take a look at the bottom of my website at

http://movie-theatre.org/canada/qc/montreal/MontrealIndex.htm
my website has address of most of the theatres.

I have photographed about 100 theatres in the Greater Montreal area, Ottawa and Granby

I plan to go to the Plateau-Rosemount area of Montreal at the end of may. (lots of old theatres.), I am thinking of going to Trois Riviers, Joliette and St. Hyachinthe.

want a CD of the Pics?

Jim Rankin
(Jim passed away in December 2006)

- posted April 04, 2005 08:07 AM      Profile for Jim Rankin   Email Jim Rankin         Edit/Delete Post 
Hello, Mike: Most of us would probably like your CD of photos of the theatres, especially if they include the interiors! If you can make the offer general, and not too costly, I'm sure a number of fellows here would take you up on an offer. Please give details.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

© 1995-2013 Vision Entertainment Services. All rights reserved.