HOME ·· CINEMAS ·· FORUM ·· LINKS ·· BOOKS
 Contact Cinematour ·· Help & Hints ·· About Cinematour
Cinematour Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Cinematour Forum   » Cinematour Discussion   » welcome message

Author Topic: welcome message
Roger Katz

- posted April 08, 2004 08:51 PM      Profile for Roger Katz   Email Roger Katz         Edit/Delete Post 
Why does the website welcome me on the main page now? Also, why do I now always have to go through the Terms of Service screen to access the forums?

|  IP: Logged

Adam Martin
Administrator

- posted April 08, 2004 11:14 PM      Profile for Adam Martin   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Martin         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm messing with a login script that will allow you to personalize your visit to the main site. It uses the cookie from the forums to identify you if you are logged in to the forums. Which is why ...

Daryl changed the cookie for the forums so that it will apply site-wide instead of just in the forums. You should just have to log back into the forums once. Once you do so, you won't have to go through the TOS page.

Until I get it all straightened out, you may see odd messages pop up on some pages. Some of the scripts have to be worked on "live".

Further details will be posted here and in the Research Balcony when the features come online.

Roger Katz

- posted April 09, 2004 06:01 AM      Profile for Roger Katz   Email Roger Katz         Edit/Delete Post 
I had to re-login to the forums once, but I still see the ToS message every time.

Adam Martin
Administrator

- posted April 09, 2004 05:11 PM      Profile for Adam Martin   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Martin         Edit/Delete Post 
So here it is. Registered members will have additional information displayed on the main site while you are logged in.

Logging in is done from the main page. If you are already logged into the forums, you are automatically logged in to the main site.
 -

If you are logged in, you will see the personal welcome message and the link to log out.
 -

Research Team members will now see some changes on the main site. See the thread in the Research Balcony for specific information.

At this time, the Research Team members are the only ones with added features. General membership features will be added to the main site soon.

Adam Martin
Administrator

- posted April 09, 2004 05:14 PM      Profile for Adam Martin   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Martin         Edit/Delete Post 
If you are seeing the ToS every time you log into the forums, try logging out and then back in. If that doesn't work, try deleting your cookies for Cinematour. If that doesn't work, let us know what operating system and browser and browser version you're using and we'll look into it.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

© 1995-2013 Vision Entertainment Services. All rights reserved.